Jack Hughes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dobby

Re: Jack Hughes

Post by Dobby »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dobby wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Funny that because I thought he was one of our worst players last night.
I thought he did a ton of work and seemed to make a lot of tackles and drives compared to some of the forwards.
I would never question his commitment but I thought his basic RL skills on the night were poor, handling, tackling technique, passing, carries!!
I dont agree and he certainly wasnt one of the worst performers last night, there were far worse. Anything else you can think of, seems like you have just listed anything that you can think of that cant be quantified. I cant even remember him passing and his handling was better than most considering the amount of carries that he had.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Why do most Wigan fans praise Farrell all the time ,when other fans and our last coach Mcgire seem lukewarm at best?
mp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

menpond wrote:Why do most Wigan fans praise Farrell all the time ,when other fans and our last coach Mcgire seem lukewarm at best?
I think he is an important attacking cog in this present team.

Remember, players develop and deteriorate. A young player tends to improve. So the likes of Farrell should be better players now than they were under Maguire.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Dobby wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Dobby wrote: I thought he did a ton of work and seemed to make a lot of tackles and drives compared to some of the forwards.
I would never question his commitment but I thought his basic RL skills on the night were poor, handling, tackling technique, passing, carries!!
I dont agree and he certainly wasnt one of the worst performers last night, there were far worse. Anything else you can think of, seems like you have just listed anything that you can think of that cant be quantified. I cant even remember him passing and his handling was better than most considering the amount of carries that he had.
I never said he was one of the worst performers last night just that he wasn't as good as you made out. You can't even remember him passing? Well surely that is a bit of an issue in a game of rugby. Why does anything need quantifying? I watched the game and he dropped it at least 3 times, didn't make an impact going forward and bounced off the tackle repeatedly.! Of course it is only my opinion of which I am allowed!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Setting out at 4.30 for the game I had to eventually turn around and come home because of traffic on the m6.With minutes to spare I managed to make it home in time for the game.I knew that within minutes this was a game we would not win. For me the intensity was missing.Looking back to the magic weekend against the whino's full of passion and go forward we just seemed to lack the desire and craft to win.Players who I wanted to step up for this one just seemed to be lacking players who would normally be in the faces of the opposition.I won't join the blame game because in my opinion it was across the board.I shall be emailing the rfl with regards to Wellens and Wilkins constantly berating a very weak Bentham.