Sarginson has to go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
menpond

Re: Sarginson has to go

Post by menpond »

Goulding ,too small ,too slow, but good in soft matches against weaker sides. Sarginson deserves a season,not his fault mismanagement over developing centres leaves us weak in that position.
mp
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

slimshady wrote:
Suzieb wrote:Totally agree withshaunedwards fan club give Goulding a chance
Give Goulding a chance?? He made his first team debut in 2005 how long does he need???? Anybody who thinks that Goulding or Thornley are the solution at centre your in cloud cuckoo land, both are second rate at best. Just think back to the great centres we have had and compare them, centre is the hardest defensive position on the pitch and neither of these two are up to it.
But we won the double last season with those 2 as the centres so they cant be that bad. They were certainly the solution last season.

The only reasons they arent the centres now is because Thornley is injured and Goulding has been carrying a knee injury for much of the season and is leaving.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Dobby wrote:
slimshady wrote:
Suzieb wrote:Totally agree withshaunedwards fan club give Goulding a chance
Give Goulding a chance?? He made his first team debut in 2005 how long does he need???? Anybody who thinks that Goulding or Thornley are the solution at centre your in cloud cuckoo land, both are second rate at best. Just think back to the great centres we have had and compare them, centre is the hardest defensive position on the pitch and neither of these two are up to it.
But we won the double last season with those 2 as the centres so they cant be that bad. They were certainly the solution last season.

The only reasons they arent the centres now is because Thornley is injured and Goulding has been carrying a knee injury for much of the season and is leaving.
Rickey Bibey has 2 CC winners medals, doesn't mean he was any good
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

medlocke wrote:
Dobby wrote:
slimshady wrote: Give Goulding a chance?? He made his first team debut in 2005 how long does he need???? Anybody who thinks that Goulding or Thornley are the solution at centre your in cloud cuckoo land, both are second rate at best. Just think back to the great centres we have had and compare them, centre is the hardest defensive position on the pitch and neither of these two are up to it.

Rickey Bibey has 2 CC winners medals, doesn't mean he was any good
:eh: :wink: :D
mickh

Post by mickh »

Medlocke, your 3 sheets to the wind most of the time, but, you hit the nail on the head 99% of it. Well done!

Why do Warrington and Leeds have better centres than we have?

We have got 3 of the best wingers in Super League, lets use them! Not the cut-out pass to miss the centres, or the kick to the corner, it just exaborates our deficiencies.
pedro

Post by pedro »

Hes a turnstyle in defence.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

pedro wrote:Hes a turnstyle in defence.
No Way Pedro
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Another "foul-hooked" tiddler Meds?
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

He's being used as a utility player and he's not doing a bad job. How many times have we seen players excel at one position and look average at others. I'm confident that Sarge will become an excellent fullback and his centre play will also improve. Pat struggled at centre (I know he was in a poor team) and I wouldn't fancy Matty Bowen or Sam Tomkins there either. I know that Sarge may never reach their level at fullback but he'll be above average for Super League. If Thornley was fit I don't think Waney would be playing Sarge at centre.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

southportcdm wrote:If Thornley was fit I don't think Waney would be playing Sarge at centre.
You'd hope not but if so when is he going to get a game? Thornley one centre, Gelling the other (assuming Goulding leaves) and Bowen/Hampshire at full back.

I'd rather Sarginson be Bowen's understudy next year and see Hampshire at 6 but all indicators are that isn't going to happen.