Fans panel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Fans panel

Post by cpwigan »

Actually IMO several posters are wrong IMO. Yes, there is an element of PR but several members of staff do actually listen and want to improve Wigan RLFC! I agree with Mark.

I went to the RFL organised group BUT Wigan staff were there listening. It was an enjoyable event, you met several people in the flesh and as it usually does that prove to be excellent. It was quite funny that people were asking is Dave O here and the other attendees got to meet an opinionated so and so called CPW. Post meeting events soured it for me but hey that is life.

So many people would be excellent; Josie is an obvious example but there are numerous others. However, you have to speak up and be opinionated (positive & negative) otherwise it is pointless being there bar as a fly on the wall. Far more productive than the old Fans Forums which IMO were more PR albeit I would still like those to return.

HenPenKid

Post by HenPenKid »

Fujiman wrote:Just a bit of fun. If you could select say 5 people from the forum to go on the panel who would it be

My choices would be

DaveO
CPWigan
Josie
Medlock
Whelley Warrior

with Kaii on the subs bench :)

think there's a good mix of views and I'd like to be a fly on the wall :lol:
An 'interesting' selection certainly. A bit like asking Simon Wiesenthal to share a forum with Hitler and Eichmann. I'd like to be a fly on the wall as well!
menpond

Post by menpond »

Fans panel is nonsense. All that matters is standard of players contracted to the club,and their annual price/plus quality of coach and division of his responsibilities with IL. Suspect current arrangements are divisive, and will lead to failure this year. Hope I amm wrong. BESTS
mp
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If only it was that easy
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Fujiman wrote:Just a bit of fun. If you could select say 5 people from the forum to go on the panel who would it be

My choices would be

DaveO
CPWigan
Josie
Medlock
Whelley Warrior

Good choice and we could be dubbed 'The Famous Five'

All we need is a 'Timmy'
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

My choices would be

DaveO
CPWigan
Josie
Medlock
Whelley Warrior

All we need is a 'Timmy'
Rather than a Timmy what about a Truey!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

My choices would be

DaveO
CPWigan
Josie
Medlock
Whelley Warrior

All we need is a 'Timmy'
Rather than a Timmy what about a Truey!! :lol:
Rather have Turfy :lol:
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

menpond wrote:Fans panel is nonsense. All that matters is standard of players contracted to the club,and their annual price/plus quality of coach and division of his responsibilities with IL.
Of course that's the most important thing but your naive if you think off field things don't matter. I shall write about it in the Evening Post's 18th man this week I think.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Back in the day Graeme West going to every function / opening / pub event was actually very important to the wider success of Wigan RLFC. IMO he help add number to attendances albeit obviously what happens on the pitch is the ultimate factor.