Tommy returning

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Tommy returning

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

Any news on Tommy L returning to these shores, rumours flying around that he could be coming back to us , but heard of someone who sponsors one of our players he could be off to Hull.?
Paul
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Tommy returning

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

think this is a classic 2+2=5 rumour, it started because people have noted tommy not playing for NSW not bothering to find out that he is injured and is struggling to get on top of the injury, so that manifested into "he isnt getting any game time" and went from there

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

never go back, players in the past have proved this, Joel will turn out to be a massive mistake as well, we should leave well alone
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... an-7401490

Tommy Leuluai could be in line for a surprise return to Wigan Warriors next year.

The Kiwi international, who is playing for the New Zealand Warriors, was a firm favourite with fans at the DW Stadium during his first stint with the club.

His English partner is said to be missing her family and friends in the UK and wants to come home at the end of the year.

Ironically, Leuluai’s decision to leave Wigan in 2012 greatly influenced his mate and former Wigan star Sam Tomkins to join him in Auckland.

Reports of a possible return for Leuluai, who can play either half-back or hooker, coincides with speculation St Helens are interested in Wigan scrum-half Matty Smith.

Smith started his career as a junior at Saints but failed to make it into the first team and was forced to move on.

He also played for Widnes and Salford and is in his third full season at Wigan having won the Lance Todd Trophy at Wembley last year.

There was talk of a new contract for Smith at Wigan earlier on in the season and the Warriors are already losing his half-back partner Blake Green at the end of this campaign.

Green, who was linked with Salford and Saints at one stage, is heading home to Australia to join the Melbourne Storm in 2015.

Saints, meanwhile, have also been linked with the Widnes half-back Kevin Brown. Their interest and tracking of a proven playmaker centres on rumours of a possible early return to Australia at the end of the year for star signing Luke Walsh.

l Wigan prop Gil Dudson has been given a three-match ban for a shoulder charge on London Broncos scrum-half Josh Drinkwater.

The Wales international was also fined £300 by the Rugby Football League’s disciplinary committee after admitting the grade C offence during his side’s 58-6 win over the Broncos at The Hive on Saturday.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Wouldn't be happy if Smith left.
We now have a very decent kicking game which we lacked for years. We've no idea who will play 6 next year, Powell is in the box seat but rumours suggest we may be after Burns.

If Tommy did return then Smith presumably will go to 6.
It's bad enough having to replace one half back in a year. Having to get two to find their game and form could really affect the team.

Maybe the club are thinking of Tommy and Burns to be our halves next year.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I am pretty confident Matty Smith would not go to Saints. Unless someone could give me a genuine reason why he would.I am sure he is happy at Wigan and does not want to leave.Also if T.L comes back to Wigan I will plant sawdust. :)
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really like Tommy as a player but I wouldn't want him as a direct replacement for Matty (who has a better kicking game). If we had them both in the squad I wouldn't play them at 6 and 7 because neither runs the ball enough. Would Tommy be happy with back up hooker / scrum half? What would we then do with our developing youngsters? Travis Burns at 6 (this is the rumour mill) with Tommy or Smith at 7 would give us more balance. Lots of questions/possibilities but I suppose that makes life interesting. In summary, I'd love to have Tommy back (if he's fit) but not at the expense of Smith. We have more obvious weaknesses elsewhere in the squad.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Oh Tommy Tommy, Tommy Tommy Tommy Tommy Leauluai.
Now Wouldn't it be good singing that old tune again.
I certainly would sing it again.
Rock on Tommy.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think a combination of Burns and Smith and Tommy and Mac at 6, 7 and 9 would be the strongest combination we have had in a very long time. We just need Lockers to get himself fit enough to play more than half the games and we'll be in clover...
This would be consistent with I L's hint that others would be following Joel in coming back to us.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I cant see Leuluai coming back to Wigan and would have thought he would get a lot more money from the likes of Salford and Hull.