Koolcash not happy with Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Shaun1967

Re: Koolcash not happy with Saints

Post by Shaun1967 »

Agree with everything the Dr says there.
Interestingly, the point about restructuring Super League to take away the power from RedHall is something Ian Lenegan has been campaigning for for some time now without the support of Dr Koukash. Salford were not one of the 6 clubs who walked out of a meeting over restructuring and the Dr was very quiet when all this was going on.
Whilst I agree with him, maybe he has a stronger point than he realise when he says clubs are only acting in their own interests?
I would expect a lot more support for the marquee player ruling in November when some of the bigger clubs have planned for it.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

I don't understand why any of the clubs are opposed to the marquee player idea especially Saints.

Next season they get all the players wages paid by the Sky TV handout. The 12 SL clubs in 2015 get the entire £1.825m wage bill paid.

Are clubs so badly run they can't raise, say £300K for a marquee player off their own bat? That is AUD $546K which is easily enough to get a top class Aussie.

In 2010 Bradford paid to the full salary cap of £1.65m but made a loss of £300K. So with the full wage bill covered even a basket case like Bradford would have £150K they could use to increase the wages of a top player so he doesn't leave for another SL club e.g. Bateman.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMLJjr83 ... e=youtu.be

Heres Blake Sollys interview over the issue.
Well I watched it and it seems the main concern is affordability which for reasons I pointed out above i.e. the clubs get all their main squad's wages paid are a herring or ought to be.

If clubs can't afford a marquee player with their wage bill met there is something wrong.

It was also mentioned the first £100K of the marquee players wages would count on the cap so would come out of the Sky money whichthat means to sign a player on £300K you only have to find £200K which makes it even more ridiculous finance is an issue.

There was mention of rewarding clubs who produce their own talent and if anything could be done in that regard but I fail to see why the two are linked and while this would be a good thing for Wigan I don't see why you could not introduce a marquee player rule while this separate issue was being discussed.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Pathetic
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:Koukash is a breath of fresh air in regards of not being frightened of upseting rfl. But I think we would be going down a dangerous road if we took his ideas on board. We do not and never will generate the fan base to balance the money spent.(as he will find out to his cost).And more clubs will go to the wall trying to keep up.You will probably end up with an elite 2/3 teams and the rest also rans And back to the days where you will see no contest games.That imo is a massive step back.It will also kill off any hopes of having a good national side and stop youth progression through bringing in overseas mersenaries.
You opinion is like a breath of fresh air where Koucash is concerned and correct in its content!

But what can you expect from a person who knows nothing about our game, but is only interested in publicity for his own ego!

Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

DaveO wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMLJjr83 ... e=youtu.be

Heres Blake Sollys interview over the issue.
Well I watched it and it seems the main concern is affordability which for reasons I pointed out above i.e. the clubs get all their main squad's wages paid are a herring or ought to be.

If clubs can't afford a marquee player with their wage bill met there is something wrong.

It was also mentioned the first £100K of the marquee players wages would count on the cap so would come out of the Sky money whichthat means to sign a player on £300K you only have to find £200K which makes it even more ridiculous finance is an issue.

There was mention of rewarding clubs who produce their own talent and if anything could be done in that regard but I fail to see why the two are linked and while this would be a good thing for Wigan I don't see why you could not introduce a marquee player rule while this separate issue was being discussed.
I would be interested to know what some think constitutes a marquee player, bearing in mind that no Star players can be attracted from Union like the good old days or the Star Aussie players at their peak from the NRL because in both cases they are on more money than what they would ever now get in our game, salary cap or otherwise.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

A Marquee player is whomever you want and can afford. It may be simply an excellent player you already have on 100,000+ BUt IMO far more productive would be an exceptional NRL or union player who will raise the profile of the game. As long as the owner underwrites it then IMO you could sign anybody from anywhere.

If the Dr wanted Inglis and was prepared to pay a crazy amount underwritten by himself then RL/SL will benefit enormously.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:What is koukash doing any different to what chairman mo did all those years ago.

Mo talked the game, the club and anything else he could think of backed up by cash.

the game benefited, the GB team were 1 step from winning a aus series and the game was rocking.

we had nationally recognised stars of the game offiah, edwards.

then came the salary cap era.

the sport still had the same dominant teams yet clubs started to go bust our international team has suffered and crowds have diminished.

go compare

back the Doc !!
It is exactly the same other than the task of the Dr is even more difficult. Wigan was a much easier place to energise the people of the town re RL. The Dr has a much bigger task in Salford/Manchester BUT if he achieves it, the benefits to the whole of RL will be far greater.

Of course the SC

Great post TEW
BriH

Post by BriH »

I also agree with the Doc.

The RFL has a stranglehold on the game, which is intolerable.

My only worry is that the will attempt to gag the Doc. He needs other Chairman to come out from the trees and support him.
I have always thought the Saints Chairman was two faced.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Put him in charge at H Q....that should ruffle some feathers

:D