Re: asp & wild

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chris_wild182

Post by chris_wild182 »

apparently there is some youngsters on the way out at end of the season as well as aspy an ste don't know who yet though i'll try and find out later
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Wigan today have gave professional contracts to Sean Gleeson, Darrell Goulding, John Walker and Micheal Mcllorum all 2 years deals
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Glad to hear Gleeson's signed a new deal.

I wouldn't mind Aspy staying. But Wild can go.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Heard the same about Aspy & Wild today, also heard Scully & Orr are to go but who listens to agents tickle tackle these days.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
Wizard_Millward

Post by Wizard_Millward »

We should keep Scully i reckon, really has improved his game since Millward came.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

chris_wild182 posted:
apparently there is some youngsters on the way out at end of the season as well as aspy an ste don't know who yet though i'll try and find out later
As stated on many occasions before, we generate more youngsters than we've got spaces for, and we can't keep them all and give them 1st team opportunities. Players like Desi Williams are probably going to have to look elsewhere for first-team rugby, he seems to have already had his chances.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Fraggle posted:
chris_wild182 posted:
As stated on many occasions before, we generate more youngsters than we've got spaces for, and we can't keep them all and give them 1st team opportunities. Players like Desi Williams are probably going to have to look elsewhere for first-team rugby, he seems to have already had his chances.
He's only had two first team games, IIRC...fair enough the last one was a total disaster, but he's not the only one that's happened to! He would appear to be ranked below the other young backs at the moment, but he could still be useful as a non 20/20 squad member. Let's see how he develops in the next year or two.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Fraggle posted:
chris_wild182 posted:
He's only had two first team games, IIRC...fair enough the last one was a total disaster, but he's not the only one that's happened to! He would appear to be ranked below the other young backs at the moment, but he could still be useful as a non 20/20 squad member. Let's see how he develops in the next year or two.
True, but Millward has said he'll give everyone a go and Desi hasn't had that chance. Maybe I need to add "yet" to that, perhaps Millward's still working through the squad but we've been short enough of players again recently that I thought he might have given Williams a go if he were interested in him.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Fraggle posted:
True, but Millward has said he'll give everyone a go and Desi hasn't had that chance. Maybe I need to add "yet" to that, perhaps Millward's still working through the squad but we've been short enough of players again recently that I thought he might have given Williams a go if he were interested in him.
Perhaps he's seen enough of some players at the lower level?