Wigan Walk!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrldeanh

Re: Wigan Walk!!!

Post by wiganrldeanh »

max's mum posted:
Dear JJ

Please accept my sincere apologies for defending a fellow warrior fan, who like me has only just started to contribute to the discussions on this board. I like her, feel you referring to her as "the girl" is somewhat disrespectful.

You also quite rudely posted "Maybe when you are a bit older and have watched the team for a few years you will realize this."

Like it or not todays youth be them players or supporters are the future of our great game and to treat them with such contempt when they try to get more involved is poor to say the least.

I'm just glad that our youth development team arn't moulded from the same pie as you.

lol max's mum
you have to agree with jinkin jimmy that on a forum site you talk about what you think. if you think we are harsh on here then try rl fans! you will have a heart attack!!
botica

Post by botica »

As said before fans who wish to leave early should sit on an aisle. its bloody frustrating when we have to keep moving so they can get past. I understand that many choose to leave so they can get home or perhaps get local for the 11pm LOs. But what about Cardiff!!!! You have gotta have writen your day off going there and the amount who left early was unreal! Granted the score line was frustrating but the lads have gotta see this and think bloody hell why do we bother! I have never myself left early and if im goin to the match then thats what i am doing! Can't speak for everyone else but perhaps the people who do go could think how annoying it is for everyone else having to move for you!! :doz:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

max's mum posted:
Dear JJ

Please accept my sincere apologies for defending a fellow warrior fan, who like me has only just started to contribute to the discussions on this board. I like her, feel you referring to her as "the girl" is somewhat disrespectful.

You also quite rudely posted "Maybe when you are a bit older and have watched the team for a few years you will realize this."

Like it or not todays youth be them players or supporters are the future of our great game and to treat them with such contempt when they try to get more involved is poor to say the least.

I'm just glad that our youth development team arn't moulded from the same pie as you.

lol max's mum
*yawn*
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Maybe Miss RL should re-register, Primrose&Blue gets better treatment off JJ and Alex the Warriour, or is that just because he's a he and therefore more knowledgable and better informed about all things RL?
I can assure you P&B doesn't get 'better treatment' from me. Apart from slagging off the tripe he posted on here when he first joined, I have mananegd to ignore the fool quite happily ever since.

P.S. Just so you know, we're 'Warriors' Easy mistake to make, I know [/quote]
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think when these "discussions" get personal they start to get petty and some people can become really defensive like there being attacked lol.

Anyway enough of that with regards to getting to the local i can stay until the game is over clap and still make it for last orders, its all about chosing your route, i live out near bryn. lol

Obviously this only applys to people local ie.e who ever mentioned not getting back to goose green in time, or move closer the staduim like ime looking at :lol:
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

WW, I was only using the "getting to the pub in time for last orders" as an example and I certainly wasnt making any sort of excuse for living in Goose Green. I was simply stating that people leave for all sorts of reasons. some of us might see them as petty others as a perfectly reasonable excuse. Like I said it is very rare that I leave early, but on one occassion earlier in the season when the end to another poor performance and result was close, I upped and left only to be jeered by a small group of teenagers. These people had no idea why I was leaving. I have probably been attending the match since before they were born (no fault of their own) and I have certainly contributed a substantial ammount of my hard earned money on the club over the last 20 years. Like you said "it's about choosing your route". I somewhat foolishly parked at the top of the stadium car park near the canal bridge and it took about 38 years to get past B&q :lol: . Like Doug said at least us lot on this site still pay to go to the game, what about the other 10,000 we regularly got in the good old days. If people want to leave early then it's up to them and no-one else. End of.