LLS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
KOOCH

Re: LLS

Post by KOOCH »

cpwigan wrote:Ordinarily I personally think it matters not one jot

BUT

If it prevents Saints winning it, I want the LLS
Coming second to saints is not something I want to even contemplate.We should never come second to saints because that gives the cabbage patch dolls the belief that they are better than us and that just does not sit right. :D
menpond

Post by menpond »

In the real world ,finishing top is not likely to be worth the effort for the rewards on offer. WEMBLEY cup final is still massive in status across the wider sporting world and about half the population. Seeing Wigan in it gives ALOT OF PEOPLE a boost for all sorts of reasons,tradition ,childhood reminiscenses ,expectation of open fast rugby and normally a better spectacle than the Union showpiece. The way the Club elevated the LEEDS match in the sky hyped Manchester week end thingy, gave us the classic Phyric victory,ie a meaningless 2 points compared to going through to the cup semi final 2 weeks later against Castleford. THere are only 2 trophies worth having each year, so turn up 100% fit . and prepared . Thought we had learned that last year,obviously not. BESTS
mp
Lee481

Post by Lee481 »

Hi all,

New to the forum. Been a fan since the mid 80s.
Reference LLS, I agree with most of the comments, would be nice winning it for the recognition of the effort the kids have put in during the absence of key players and the way Waneys rotated the squad through difficult periods of injuries!
Ancient & Loyal!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Lee481 wrote:Hi all,

New to the forum. Been a fan since the mid 80s.
Reference LLS, I agree with most of the comments, would be nice winning it for the recognition of the effort the kids have put in during the absence of key players and the way Waneys rotated the squad through difficult periods of injuries!
Ancient & Loyal!
Welcome to the forum Lee481 yes it would be a nice reward both for the youngsters and for Waney having faith in the youth. :D
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I love winning the LLS because to me it means a lot to be the best team from Feb to September. Especially this year with the WCC, no Sam and injury crises galore...
As long as doing so does not jeopardise our chances in the GF, of course, but I think we should be fine on that score.
We get 2 free week ends in August, have, with all due respect, a number of "winnable" games over the next 4 rounds, and one of Leeds or Warrington, whom we play in the last 2 games, will have just been to Wembley. We do need Saints to slip up and with their last 3 games being against Leeds, Warrington and the Giants, that must be more likely than not.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Always had soft spot for Wembley cup since about 1960 when holding it with BILLY BOSTON in Swan Meadow Road as he and others toured the streets with kids in tow. Think ROY EVANS WAS there ,and B mctigue ,famous for his skills as light heavy weight boxer, no 1 contender, and taking the man monster A BEETSON clean out in OZ test match with his famous left hook. Think Beetson ended up running Oz RL. We used to have parity with them in those days., and the occasional 50,000 crowd v Saints and LEEDS.
mp
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I don't care what is thought of the LLS, its a trophy and I want Wigan to win it.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

It only means nothing to the teams who don't win it. I'd gladly have our boys lifting it every season.
menpond

Post by menpond »

First match cica 1956, definitely Bevan was on wing for Wire against us at Central Park.
mp
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

menpond wrote:Always had soft spot for Wembley cup since about 1960 when holding it with BILLY BOSTON in Swan Meadow Road as he and others toured the streets with kids in tow. Think ROY EVANS WAS there ,and B mctigue ,famous for his skills as light heavy weight boxer, no 1 contender, and taking the man monster A BEETSON clean out in OZ test match with his famous left hook. Think Beetson ended up running Oz RL. We used to have parity with them in those days., and the occasional 50,000 crowd v Saints and LEEDS.
As much as I enjoy irreverence your posts are getting harder and harder to follow the way they seemingly drift between topics without mentioning Anything of note, I can't tell whether your trolling in the most abstract way or just a bit confused, either way once I sold my kangaroo I had enough money for the car which I drove past Shaun Edwards in and from that day I was called tim
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure