Bulls bow out of Super League

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Bulls bow out of Super League

Post by josie andrews »

Bradford's relegation from Super League was confirmed on Sunday afternoon when they suffered a 52-26 defeat at the hands of Huddersfield.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/s ... er-league?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Bulls bow out of Super League

Post by josie andrews »

Bradford Bulls begin to plan for next season after relegation confirmed

Bradford coach James Lowes praised his players after they "went down fighting" against Huddersfield.

The Bulls saw their hopes of Super League survival come to an end when they were beaten 52-26 at the John Smith's Stadium, a result that leaves them 13 points from safety with six games to play.

"We'll get the ball rolling on plan B, which has rapidly become plan A. Things will start happening hopefully in the next few weeks as regards recruitment."
James Lowes
Yet despite the difficulty of the afternoon, Lowes - who is yet to enjoy a victory since taking over from Francis Cummins - was delighted with the spirit shown in defeat.

"The lads definitely went down fighting and they will for the rest of the season," he said. "We know where we're at now, that's definite, but with that sort of character, they will get a win before the end of the year.

"I think the lads did themselves justice. I though they went about their business really well.

"We just weren't clinical enough, particularly in the first half, which is a shame really because I thought we were slightly the better side for most of that half."

Bradford have yet to announce whether they will continue their High Court battle to win back the six points they were docked for going into administration but the players and their coach are resigned to life in the Championship next year.

Preparations

Lowes is now ready to begin preparing for a season in the second tier, though he also wants to end the current one on a high.

"I've been in this stadium a few times before, popping champagne," he said. "It's a sad sight.

"We want to play back at the very top and what we've got to do now is finish this season off in the right manner, prepare in pre-season for a tough Championship year, target the top four and then the top four of Super League and that gets us up.

"That's our challenge. I'm certainly up for that and the guys who will be stopping will certainly be up for it as well.

"We'll get the ball rolling on plan B, which has rapidly become plan A. Things will start happening hopefully in the next few weeks as regards recruitment."

http://www1.skysports.com/rugby-league/ ... 6/9388811?
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I for one take no joy in seeing the bulls go down, to me a strong bradford team is good for the league its a shame to see a once great club fall, i think back to our near miss and sends a shudder down my spine
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I for one take no joy in seeing the bulls go down, to me a strong bradford team is good for the league its a shame to see a once great club fall, i think back to our near miss and sends a shudder down my spine
????????

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

STAR PAIR COMMIT FUTURE TO BULLS

BULLS Lee Gaskell and Dale Ferguson have today committed their futures to Bradford, after agreeing new contracts with the club.

The pair have each put pen to paper on fresh two-year deals, keeping them at the Provident Stadium until at least the end of the 2016 season.

Twenty-six-year-old Scotland international Ferguson, who starred in last year's World Cup, joined the Bulls last year.

The former Huddersfield, Hull KR and Wakefield back-rower is nearing a return to First:Utility Super League action and club officials have acted swiftly to secure his services.

Like Ferguson, Gaskell was another new addition for 2014 and the 23-year-old half-back has proved a key figure in the red, amber and black of Bradford.
The sought-after former St Helens and Salford talent has extended his stay with the Bulls and admits he did not hesitate in doing so.

“I wanted to stay with Bradford regardless and am really excited by Jimmy's long-term plans for the club,” said Gaskell, who has made 15 league appearances for the Bulls this term.

“It looks as though there could be a host of new faces coming in and it would be nice to see a few of the other boys stay put too.
“I just want to be able to go out there, give my all and perform in Bulls colours because I love it here.”

Ferguson is aiming to bounce back with a bang in 2015 after being hampered by numerous injury setbacks this year, resulting in just a handful of outings since arriving at the club.

“I have had an extremely frustrating season but the Bulls have really stood by me,” explained the one-time England Knights man.
“I owe a huge amount to everyone involved with the club and I am determined to pay back the faith shown in me.

“I am really looking forward to the future and am relishing the challenges ahead.”
Coach James Lowes has described the re-signing of Gaskell and Ferguson as “just the start”, with building work for next season now well underway.

“Both Lee and Dale are of high quality and we believe it is vital to our future success to retain as many members of our current squad as possible,” insisted the Bulls boss.

“Regardless of what division we ply our trade in, quality is of great importance in terms of future success.

“Lee is going to be a key figure for us in the middle of the park and, as we have seen this season, he can be very versatile.

“Dale's attitude is great - he is fantastic to have around the place. He is certainly a team player and I am excited about what he will bring to the party next year and beyond.

“This is a very strong club, with a bright future ahead, and, to those doubting that, I believe this announcement is a real statement of intent.
“We are in the process of building a squad for next season and this is just the start for us."

Lee Gaskell and Dale Ferguson are proudly sponsored by Hudson Foster and Helen Butterworth respectively.

http://www.bradfordbulls.co.uk/news/art ... e-gaskell?
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bradford will have to win four of their last six games for the six points lost due to going into administration to be blamed for relegation.

And that assumes Salford and Hull don't win another game.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Bye bye. Sympathy has no place in Professional sport.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We shall miss Bullmania :eusa18:
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

I miss Thrum Hall. I miss Hilton Park. Bullmania visited the abattoir not long after Vainakolo went ra-ra.
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Sad to see a team of Bulls stature go down, but unfortunately this has been practically 10 years in the making, mismanagement and bad policies have all contributed to their downfall.
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?