Sinfield

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Re: Sinfield

Post by markill »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
markill wrote:Grade C was the correct grading. I'm just shocked Leeds didn't try to get it even lower by going and talking around the panel.
So you are saying that he only made full contact with the headbutt and it was NOT in an aggressive/violent manner?
Yeah, I think it was reactionary rather than aggressive. It wasn't like he was stirring for a while and lined him up and bust his face or continue on after the butt with a more aggressive action. He reacted to something and shoved his full face in to Dorns face so I'm satisfied with Grade C. I would expect the same for one of our players for the same offence and wouldn't argue that either. Just because its a player we don't like from a club we don't like doesn't mean I cna't agree with the decision. I think its the right call.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

You are mark but personally I'm slightly concerned about people's views on things on this forum we've got cp who thinks skittling a ref 10 yards is "playful" and now we've got someone headbutting someone in a "non aggressive manner"

All I know that if I was down town and stood on someone's toe by accident I wouldn't consider a head butt reactional I'd consider it a act of needless aggression

I think your point would have more credence if dorn had grabbed him or pushed him psychically

Like I said its your opinion and I'm not someone who shys away from the biff but headbutting someone in my opinion can never be in a non aggressive manner - that's called a clash of heads!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
markill wrote:Grade C was the correct grading. I'm just shocked Leeds didn't try to get it even lower by going and talking around the panel.
So you are saying that he only made full contact with the headbutt and it was NOT in an aggressive/violent manner?
Yeah, I think it was reactionary rather than aggressive. It wasn't like he was stirring for a while and lined him up and bust his face or continue on after the butt with a more aggressive action. He reacted to something and shoved his full face in to Dorns face so I'm satisfied with Grade C. I would expect the same for one of our players for the same offence and wouldn't argue that either. Just because its a player we don't like from a club we don't like doesn't mean I cna't agree with the decision. I think its the right call.
I couldn't agree any less with you!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

A head-butt by definition is an aggressive action. Also was there any need for Peacock to grab a cas player by the throat. Too me this has well and truly highlighted the issues with the RFL and not just the bias towards Leeds players and all things Leeds. About time something was done methinks just my opinion mind
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

If Sinfield had done that off the field he would have been done for assault. What rubbish a headbutt in a non aggresive manner, by definition its got to be a contradiction. Once again they make a mockery of our wonderful game, I have given up with the shower of sh!te who run our game. If we dont do something about them our game is doomed, Doomed, DOOMED.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
OJ wrote:He is one Yorkshire pudding I never could stand but he seems to get worse, he's leading the case for the defence in this tripe he's written today and thinks poor Kevin has suffered enough :o he's also written Widnes off in challenge cup without a second thought so hope they prove him wrong but as for the other semi final who cares.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/rugby-league ... punishment
He comes from Oldham!
OJ is quoting Garry Schofield as coming from Yorkshire!!
I was quoting fact!
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: He comes from Oldham!
OJ is quoting Garry Schofield as coming from Yorkshire!!
I was quoting fact!
Yes Sinfield does comes from Oldham but OJ was calling Schofield a Yorkshire Pudding so there was no need for you to comment on where Sinfield came from
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

southernpie wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: OJ is quoting Garry Schofield as coming from Yorkshire!!
I was quoting fact!
Yes Sinfield does comes from Oldham but OJ was calling Schofield a Yorkshire Pudding so there was no need for you to comment on where Sinfield came from
Thank you southernpie, glad someone else understands what OJ was alluding to :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

josie andrews wrote:Then you get Peacock the bloody great lump jumping in & punching a back player!

Then Maguire, dirty little piece of excrement that he is, going in with the knees about sixty minutes.

They've all been at it for years & always got away with.

Let's just see what the disciplinary come up with as an excuse for this little set to against the RFL's beloved "can do no wrong" Leeds :angry:

Rant over.......... For now :wink:

You rant Josie?

Never.....the very idea.... :wink: :wink: ..ha..
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
markill wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: So you are saying that he only made full contact with the headbutt and it was NOT in an aggressive/violent manner?
I couldn't agree any less with you!!
I don't think it was terrible but it certainly was violent and aggressive.

I don't think you can say it was reactionary either, he'd taken the time to use several expletives to Mr Dorn before he put the head in.