Little (Big) announcement tomorrow

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AlanF

Re: Big announcement tomorrow

Post by AlanF »

Can't believe anyone would think that Wigan would announce a major signing at 5am when all the papers have gone to press. They would surely wait until a better news slot. Anyway as previously stated it's been a good publicity stunt , it's got people talking which was the whole point.
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I am not sure we are the target audience for this, are we?
If though they get an extra 10k for this game that's a big chunk of money towards Burns' transfer fee...
OJ

Post by OJ »

Well my excitement levels are off the Richter scale at this one - anyone got a spare valium to calm me down :roll: We should have known better really as they rarely tell us anything we really want to know like is Scott Taylor staying etc. True it has got all sorts of folk talking but mainly they are saying what a crackpot idea this is.
Announcing they are making an announcement (that's a cracker for a start) infers to the club's fans that something really good or exciting is about to happen but instead we get told that the club are looking for another way to boost bums on seats, probably intending to give a couple of thousand tickets away and making a big fuss about playing Leeds in the penultimate match of the regular season when they have been in the challenge cup final two weeks previously (Yes I know they have a semi final to play yet but they'll be there - Sir Garfield Hetherington has decreed it) :eusa15: Ah well hope Joe enjoyed his trip on the milk round this morning
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

markill

Post by markill »

josie andrews wrote:
markill wrote: The odd overly passionate dullard is genuinely annoyed that it isn't a signing though. But they would probably be annoyed with whatever the signing might have been!
I think you're wrong to describe any fan as the above.

Yes, it did get fans talking & other clubs speculating.

But the majority of Wigan fans did expect something a tad more than announcing a fixture promotion.
I apologise for any offence caused Josie. Surely though you must agree that the odd tweet or two out there were OTT about this, even if we expected something more exciting, its not something for people to have become angry over is it?

By the way, I don't rule myself out from also occasionally being an overly passionate dullard too! Its a blight that affects all fans from time to time, and it did affect me at times during Sunday's game for example. (If that helps get me out of your bad books :wink: )
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
markill wrote: The odd overly passionate dullard is genuinely annoyed that it isn't a signing though. But they would probably be annoyed with whatever the signing might have been!

But the majority of Wigan fans did expect something a tad more than announcing a fixture promotion.
I apologise for any offence caused Josie. Surely though you must agree that the odd tweet or two out there were OTT about this, even if we expected something more exciting, its not something for people to have become angry over is it?

By the way, I don't rule myself out from also occasionally being an overly passionate dullard too! Its a blight that affects all fans from time to time, and it did affect me at times during Sunday's game for example. (If that helps get me out of your bad books :wink: )
No offence taken :)

I know, I saw all the tweets & posts on FB, they were overboard especially for the time it was set to be released 5am :lol:

Surely that must have told them/us, that it wouldn't be a new signing. If that was the case they'd have done something like the announcement of Joel's return at a forthcoming game, which I thought was excellent PR.

As I said, it did get fans of ours, & other clubs speculating. I even saw one post from a saints fan stating that Sam Tomkins was homesick & was going to come back a year early :exc: :exc:

So I supposed it did the job of getting all eyes & ears on what Wigan's 'Big' announcement was :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
old hooker

Re: Little (Big) announcement tomorrow

Post by old hooker »

Smith to sign for Saints, James to Rabbitohs and Sarginson to Aussie rules.Sam back to Wigan and Chris Hill joining us from wire.Load of rubbish but would suit me.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

markill wrote:
josie andrews wrote:

By the way, I don't rule myself out from also occasionally being an overly passionate dullard too! Its a blight that affects all fans from time to time, and it did affect me at times during Sunday's game for example. (If your that helps get me out of your bad books :wink: )

From one dullard to another-I've said this before stick to your statistics
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

dunno whats worse, fans setting their alarms and getting up for 5 or fans still mentioning players names after the anouncement has been made :lol:
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

The RFL are constantly slated for their poor marketing of the game.
Here we are marketing our club and a minority of our own fans criticise.
Be interesting to see how they find it on the night. I know I found it far more exciting watching Huddersfield in front of 19,000 than the usual turnout with one end shut.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

FREE VIDEO: The Big One is Back

Joe Burgess went out about town on Tuesday morning on a very special mission to leave scarves at the homes of Wigan supporters. He also left scarves around the town centre for rush hour passers by to find.

Watch the video now.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent. ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan