Solar Panel Companies

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
jobo

Re: Solar Panel Companies

Post by jobo »

Uncle Fester wrote:Why the question?
If WW doesn't know anyone personally does that mean the problem is make believe and we live in a country where no one fiddles or abuses the benefit system.
What is your point, you haven't really stated any.
You could argue that you make believe that everyone is at it, when they clearly are not.

http://www.cas.org.uk/features/myth-bus ... efit-fraud

This is from the Citizens Advice website. If you think they are all at it, I suggest you read it before making sweeping generalisations about any sector of the population.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:lol: It is the Mail, what would you expect?

No cheating should be condoned but before you get on your moral high horses ask yourself this who are the biggest cheats in this country? The answer is totally the opposite of those on benefits.
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

This really is getting monotonous, read the posts fully, I clearly state that the bigger problem is abuse which would not show on your precious pie chart.

Arguing points and searching endlessly for silly statistics which as any sane person knows can be manipulated to say whatever you want is pointless unless you read previous posts fully.

Using your/the governments figures from two years ago benefit fraud ONLY accounts for £1.6 billion, now ignoring the percentage, obviously ignoring valid points is except able here, then in my small world THATS A LOT OF MONEY.

JUST BECAUSE ITS A SMALL % doesn't make it right. Remember this is fraud only not abuse.

The person I mentioned previously earns (her word not mine) £28000 per year (her figures) for popping out a child every 4 or so years,this figure will rise when she has her third plus this does not take into account what she doesn't have to pay for. This money douse not come out of your £1.6 billion.

You can sit in your ivory towers all day with your heads firmly buried in the sand and yes considering i do not abuse benefits and never have I can sit far higher on my trusty moral horse than anyone who has.

Now there is an elephant in the room with this thread but if I have to tell anyone what it is then I suggest sticking the rest in the sand.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

[quote="Uncle Fester"]This really is getting monotonous, read the posts fully, I clearly state that the bigger problem is abuse which would not show on your precious pie chart.

Arguing points and searching endlessly for silly statistics which as any sane person knows can be manipulated to say whatever you want is pointless unless you read previous posts fully.

Using your/the governments figures from two years ago benefit fraud ONLY accounts for £1.6 billion, now ignoring the percentage, obviously ignoring valid points is except able here, then in my small world THATS A LOT OF MONEY.

JUST BECAUSE ITS A SMALL % doesn't make it right. Remember this is fraud only not abuse.

The person I mentioned previously earns (her word not mine) £28000 per year (her figures) for popping out a child every 4 or so years,this figure will rise when she has her third plus this does not take into account what she doesn't have to pay for. This money douse not come out of your £1.6 billion.

You can sit in your ivory towers all day with your heads firmly buried in the sand and yes considering i do not abuse benefits and never have I can sit far higher on my trusty moral horse than anyone who has.

Now there is an elephant in the room with this thread but if I have to tell anyone what it is then I suggest sticking the rest in the sand.

Well said Uncle Fester, why should people who have worked hard all their lives and payed all the taxes, national insurance, council tax have to put up with with a system which allows lazy sods to abuse it with the excuse that others are doing it at a higher level, so why not me.

Another thing which gets up the back of many honest people is seeing many of these scroungers walking around on a walking stick when you can see with some that that they are carrying it rather than using it as a walking aid, riding around on scooters because they are even too idle to walk and also have disabled badges when they have little or no disability.

Living on benefits is a growth industry in this country, both by our own people and immigrants and it is time that the Government of whatever party took draconian action to root out the scroungers, while at the same time protect the genuine cases.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

re Roumanian gypo:-

i go to England to get benefits - want £40k then i can build new house back home

This country is a ffff joke
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

OAMJSS wrote:re Roumanian gypo:-

i go to England to get benefits - want £40k then i can build new house back home

Carefull what your saying fella, you'll be accused of racism and allsorts of hate related claptrap by the few self righteous ones that use the sight
jobo

Post by jobo »

Uncle Fester wrote:This really is getting monotonous, read the posts fully, I clearly state that the bigger problem is abuse which would not show on your precious pie chart.

Don't think anyone condones benefit fraud but as you can see from the figures it's not quite the problem headline hunting politicians and sensation seeking TV programme producers make out. £1.8 billion defrauded, £1.3 billion underpaid, very often to the most deserving cases. £500 million is an awfull lot of money put it pales into insignificance when compared to tax avoidance.

Personally, I don't know of anyone who fiddles or abuses the benefits system but I do suspect quite a few people I know who fail to declare all of their earnings.

As for WW's comments about all the people who use pubs during the day being benefit fraudsters, I think Kittwasser answered that one very succinctly.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

jobo wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:This really is getting monotonous, read the posts fully, I clearly state that the bigger problem is abuse which would not show on your precious pie chart.

Don't think anyone condones benefit fraud but as you can see from the figures it's not quite the problem headline hunting politicians and sensation seeking TV programme producers make out. £1.8 billion defrauded, £1.3 billion underpaid, very often to the most deserving cases. £500 million is an awfull lot of money put it pales into insignificance when compared to tax avoidance.

Personally, I don't know of anyone who fiddles or abuses the benefits system but I do suspect quite a few people I know who fail to declare all of their earnings.

As for WW's comments about all the people who use pubs during the day being benefit fraudsters, I think Kittwasser answered that one very succinctly.
Looks like the comments on the subject of benefit fraud by Uncle Fester and myself have struck a nerve with a couple or so of other posters!

And for the record, I have never said that all the people who go in a pub during the day are benefit scroungers, but a fair percentage are, especially in town centre pubs.

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

medlocke wrote:
OAMJSS wrote:re Roumanian gypo:-

Carefull what your saying fella, you'll be accused of racism and allsorts of hate related claptrap by the few self righteous ones that use the sight
I say ballcocks to the self righteous ones if any one agrees with what is happening with the new influx of ECONOMIC migrants from a country in eastern europe or any other then let them say why. I have worked hard all my bloody life . my wife cannot get a pension or even a bus pass until she is now 66 and these lot flaunt what they are doing in public. i will repeat this country is a fffffffffffff joke
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

Oh Dear Oh Dear
It must be embarrassing to continually bring up points that have already been answered in posts that have been posted before yours.

I hope you understand what I mean, I did type it very slowly, because I'm becoming embarrassed for you.

Comparing statistical figures to other non related statistical figures is at best pointless.

For instance the budget for policing this country, quote "pales into insignificance" unquote, compared to your £1.6 billion fraud figure, what does this tell us about benefit MISUSE (NOT FRAUD), F ALL that's what.

On the subject of nobody condones benefit fraud, of course there is, THE PEOPLE THAT DO IT.

As for not knowing anyone that fiddles or abuses the benefit system then well done, I'm honestly and sincerely pleased for you. But I would recommend Specsavers.

I'm not going into the immigration question, I'd be on here all the time and I have to do my 44 hours a week to keep my neighbour in the lifestyle she has become accustomed to.

Anybody know what the elephant in the room is concerning all these posts yet?

Oh and if there is any of these "everything's rosie" bubbles people seem to live in going spare, can I have one.

Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!