salary Cap

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrldeanh

Re: salary Cap

Post by wiganrldeanh »

aspy posted:
:D And your point is ??? :wink:
how dare you say i am from rlfans
thats my point
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
They made it indexed linked last year so it will increase every tax year from now on. Cas got relegated so all the talk of getting it reduced stopped and they started trying to increase the one in NL1.
Yes, that is correct. Index linking was introduced last year The two faced Cas chairman wanted the cap reduced to 1.3 million. Then they got relegated and all if a sudden wanted an increase in the (much lower) NL1 salary cap!

I wasn't sorry to see Cas relegated given their chairnams persistant calls for a 1.3 million cap and then when he came out with what he did about inceasing the NL1 cap I thought it was more than a bit hypocritical.

Dave
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
I think the Salary Cap needs to be changed to benefit teams with home grown talent whilst still applying the cap to teams that import players. This however carries the problem that the teams that produce quality youngsters wouldn't be able to feed the teams with poor youth set ups. Might encourage them to develop their youth better, this however requires large investment that some clubs can't afford.
IMO as of 2009 when relegation is effectively ended there will be no excuse not to develop your own players and so some reward for clubs that do should be introduced.

Clubs who can't afford youth devleopment spend plenty of money on overseas players, Wakefield being the best example.

Their chairman (who might actually be a chairwoman IIRC) has gone on record as saying they can't risk having young players in the squad due to the threat of relegation so they always bring in Aussies and Kiwis and exploit the Kolpak rule to the full.

There won't be any excuse for that attitude as of 2009 so if they are still in SL by then lets see if they change their tune.

Dave
aspy

Post by aspy »

aspy posted:
:D Another trophy winner for Being Mr pedantic 2005 goes to wiganrldeanh who joins st Elsewhere from rlfans. I said around £130 i know it is £ 134.391 is that better to three decimal places :wink:
:wink: i did not say wiganrldeanh you was a member of rlfans, only that you join him on the stage for your presentation of your trophy.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

aspy posted:
aspy posted:
:D Another trophy winner for Being Mr pedantic 2005 goes to wiganrldeanh who joins st Elsewhere from rlfans. I said around £130 i know it is £ 134.391 is that better to three decimal places :wink:
:wink: i did not say wiganrldeanh you was a member of rlfans, only that you join him on the stage for your presentation of your trophy.
:conf: