Gardeners......

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Kittwazzer

Re: Gardeners......

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:
Different subject; Lupins; are they the White fly favourite plant. the little blighters are worse than slugs/snails on hostas. Do you just spray?
Pot luck really. A garden full of lupins looks glorious when they are in full bloom but don't think of planting anything with them. Lupins take all the goodness from the soil. Nothing will grow next to them!
Wes

Post by Wes »

Depends on the variety of lupin KW if you get a good garden variety they are high in nitrogen so will help growth to other plants around them, yes cp spraying them is your best option. Hostas are lovely but take a lot of care to be kept that way, usually i overload ours with slug pellets and check them regular for slugs and snails and pick any off accordingly. Slightly off canter if you like hostas you can get them in a blue colour, 1 either side of a plum acer creates a stunning contrast!

Lupins are good for bees too and definately belong in an herbacious cottage type garden.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I like Lupins and Delphiniums. My Hostas, I have relocated where I can keep closer attention on them, as where they were the slugs and snails could help themselves.

True Story :) Today found 2 bloody snails having 'snail sex' in my front garden. They were still at it as I dropped them and drowned them in an adjacent grid!!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:I like Lupins and Delphiniums. My Hostas, I have relocated where I can keep closer attention on them, as where they were the slugs and snails could help themselves.

True Story :) Today found 2 bloody snails having 'snail sex' in my front garden. They were still at it as I dropped them and drowned them in an adjacent grid!!
Morning, Percy!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Kittwazzer wrote:Haha, I forgot what this thread was about. Anyroadup, while I'm here, I'd just like to add that I thought Ade was our MoM tonight! ????

Ha ha...It was me wanting to know what the trees with the berries on were called....I've ended up with a lesson on Lupins,clay soil and snails having sex!!! :conf: still no idea what the trees are called....oh well never mind.Tee hee.
Wes

Post by Wes »

the winky one wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Haha, I forgot what this thread was about. Anyroadup, while I'm here, I'd just like to add that I thought Ade was our MoM tonight! ????

Ha ha...It was me wanting to know what the trees with the berries on were called....I've ended up with a lesson on Lupins,clay soil and snails having sex!!! :conf: still no idea what the trees are called....oh well never mind.Tee hee.
mountain ash, i did answer your post 1st.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Wes wrote:
the winky one wrote:

mountain ash, i did answer your post 1st.
Sorry Wes you did :redf: I had a senior moment..(I'm always having them)...my apologies..