Well Done!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MRS BRIAN CARNEY

Well Done!

Post by MRS BRIAN CARNEY »

Would just like to say a big well done to Brian Carney for being named in the Lancashire squad. I met Brian,cassidy and Rads in work at IKEA yesterday,I think they thought i was a bit weird as i was so excitied at meeting them but whatever. I cannot wait for the origin game.
Warrior Wills

Re: Well Done!

Post by Warrior Wills »

Lets hope Brian has a good game and maybe even break a tackle, FOR ONCE!
warriorjon

Re: Re: Well Done!

Post by warriorjon »

Brian very rarly gets put down by the first man and has done a fantastic job for us this year arguably the form winger of the comp this year. he is invaluable to our squad at wigan but did he never play for Hull or did we sign him straight from Gateshead? If he played for hull he should be in the Yorkshire squad.
kirky

Re: Re: Re: Well Done!

Post by kirky »

Don't know where he came from but I think he's the mutts nuts. Take the Bulls game for example, how many players would have jumped for a ball that was going into touch? 12 out of 13?

Not our Bri though... that kick back into play was as exciting as it was unexpected.

Still, scruffy bloke, gyppo I tells ya!
Man and ball, man and ball!
wolftown warrior

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well Done!

Post by wolftown warrior »

the comment from warrior will was a little harsh..
their is no one i would rather see in super league running back a kick than carney.. like the other post said.. the first second & soemtimes third,fourth guys don`t get him.. he is a slippery snake that guy!
usually takes a gang tackle to bring him down!

i`m pleased to see he made the origin squad..

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

warriorjon posted:
Brian very rarly gets put down by the first man and has done a fantastic job for us this year arguably the form winger of the comp this year. he is invaluable to our squad at wigan but did he never play for Hull or did we sign him straight from Gateshead? If he played for hull he should be in the Yorkshire squad.
I'm think it was Hull the year after Willie Peters was here, but what are the rules for eligibility anyway? Brian played for Thunder who were a SL team, so would he not be the same as the now-disgraced Dom Peters, who was basically a free agent when it came to Origin as he was from neither Lancs nor Yorkshire?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
pacman

Post by pacman »

No way is Brian Carney the form winger in SL this year. He is an average attacking winger who can only beat the first man when returning a long kick, which in all honesty all SL wingers do. His try to appearance ratio is below average for a winger playing for a top 5 club. Mark Calderwood is the form winger in SL this year, with Graham Appo a close second.
scholesjohn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Well Done!

Post by scholesjohn »

Brian Carney plays like a 14st prop, he tries to go through the opposition....and that's not criticism....but when he remembers he's a winger and goes round them, he's pretty difficult to catch.
And he's not as arrogant as Calderwood.
kirky

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Well Done!

Post by kirky »

I was only joking about the gypsy thing. Sorry.

It is easy to tell he isn't a gypsy anyway. Brian passes the ball. A gypsy would take the pass and run away with the ball to the neasrest pub to see how much he could get for it;) Cheap shot I know.

Agree with Scholesjohn though. I think Brian is a class act!
Man and ball, man and ball!
MRS BRIAN CARNEY

Re: Well Done!

Post by MRS BRIAN CARNEY »

NIce to see big support for a fantastic player and i am not just saying that coz i am mrs brian carney :0) warrior wills comments was harsh. Class i tell ya.....