Widens defeat

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Widens defeat

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I counted 7 ex Wiganers in the Vikings team tonight, and all would be fired up for the game.
This is by no means any excuse or reason for the defeat as the Wigan players just didn't seem to turn up tonight and certainly didn't play to the conditions.
Lockers form seems to have dropped off which is worrying plus new heads back in from long term injury didn't help.
BriH

Post by BriH »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I will reserve judgement till the end of the season!!
Me too TruBlue!! Very disappointing result but...wait and see. Very difficult to be optimistic at the moment. Suffering from SPMD (severe post match depression)at the moment. Battering Leeds will cure it :D :D :D
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

BriH wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:I will reserve judgement till the end of the season!!
Me too TruBlue!! Very disappointing result but...wait and see. Very difficult to be optimistic at the moment. Suffering from SPMD (severe post match depression)at the moment. Battering Leeds will cure it :D :D :D
Me three...quietly fuming about the game but just watch, we will come good when it matters.
Nothing has been won yet and I'm sure it will take a crowbar to get that Grand final trophy off us..ahem!..oh please God!

:)
FAIRWARRIOR

Post by FAIRWARRIOR »

I went to the game and quite frankly it was like watching a bunch of amateurs rather than full time professionals. And that's an insult to amateurs.
We looked clueless, disorganised, uninterested.....
I'm not convinced by all the talk of losing games on purpose in order to secure play off positions etc.....
I do know that I don't rush around working all day, pay hard earned money to witness a performance like last night. I can accept a loss, you can't win them all after all, but we just weren't at the races, and haven't been for the last few performances.
I'll keep the faith....you have to, but if we continue to perform as such, I'm afraid it's season over.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

FAIRWARRIOR wrote:I went to the game and quite frankly it was like watching a bunch of amateurs rather than full time professionals. And that's an insult to amateurs.
We looked clueless, disorganised, uninterested.....
I'm not convinced by all the talk of losing games on purpose in order to secure play off positions etc.....
I do know that I don't rush around working all day, pay hard earned money to witness a performance like last night. I can accept a loss, you can't win them all after all, but we just weren't at the races, and haven't been for the last few performances.
I'll keep the faith....you have to, but if we continue to perform as such, I'm afraid it's season over.
Lucky the Big One 5 has sold plenty before last night.

“I didn’t sleep last night, I watched the game four times and did the review,” he told Sky Sports. “I’ve spoken with the players this morning and been quite honest with the players.

A recurring theme WORRYINGLY is these often used quotes

Usually this one POST MATCH
“They quite rightly won the game. They were the best team. They completed our sets better than us and they had 17 offloads so you can’t win games with poor discipline.”
Usually this one a FEW DAYS LATER
“The players have been honest with me back. They understand where we need to improve and make sure the mentality we had on Sunday never comes back.

“We’ve shown that we can play. We went with our attitude not bang on. It’s disappointing. We had the chance to win the game and we didn’t close it out.
These quotes were from a month ago but I think they have been used time and time again.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote: the sad thing that this is accurate and the fact its accurate shows how little the league means to anyone
blame SKY and also the RFLs obsession with having a dominant Leeds for it all imo
I think Sky are much to blame for the devaluation of the league im not so sure about the leeds thing. Its sad when fans question whether teams are losing game on purpose with serious sentiment
Sadly Saints are getting the LLS by default BUT lets not detract from the fact that that means they have been more consistent than the rest. How many of those other teams have placed emphasis on topping the table is questionable. I seem to recall the noises coming from Huddersfield last year was they would have swapped topping the table for an appearance at the Grand Final.

Winning the Grand Final means everything to all teams (sadly) nowadays and THAT blame HAS to be thrown at SKY
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

So we have Medponds stating Wigan will win the GF, anybody else?