Kate Bush

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
cpwigan

Re: Kate Bush

Post by cpwigan »

crash bang wallop ear damaging noise is Meds

Floyd are far too subtle and creative for Meds
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wildbeast wrote:
medlocke wrote:
wildbeast wrote: A COUPLE of good songs !!!!! Have you listened to any of her albums -the kick inside,never for ever,hounds of love,the sensual world,the dreaming,red shoes etc etc each album alone contain several brilliant and totally original songs. Overated !! I suppose like the Beatles and the Floyd !!!!
yes, in my mind she is not as good as the critics make out, i like some songs not all, The Beatles are good, i own every album they made, i also own all of Pink Floyds catalogue but think they are highly overated even though i saw them at Earls Court in 94, we saw them a few days after the stands collapsed
I think i need to go for a lie down- Pink Floyd are my all time fave band and i've been listening to music well over 50 years-saw them many times in 70's.-definately NOT overated.Some of the most sublime music ever written.
and that is your opinion, my opinion is different, i didn't say they where shit, just that i don't rate them as highly as some do, Wish you were here, Obscured by clouds, A pillow of winds, Grantchester meadows and Learning to fly are amongst some of my favourite tracks

wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

medlocke wrote:
wildbeast wrote:
medlocke wrote: yes, in my mind she is not as good as the critics make out, i like some songs not all, The Beatles are good, i own every album they made, i also own all of Pink Floyds catalogue but think they are highly overated even though i saw them at Earls Court in 94, we saw them a few days after the stands collapsed
I think i need to go for a lie down- Pink Floyd are my all time fave band and i've been listening to music well over 50 years-saw them many times in 70's.-definately NOT overated.Some of the most sublime music ever written.
and that is your opinion, my opinion is different, i didn't say they where shit, just that i don't rate them as highly as some do, Wish you were here, Obscured by clouds, A pillow of winds, Grantchester meadows and Learning to fly are amongst some of my favourite tracks

Like all the above but my faves are echoes,all live ummagumma tracks, shine on, but also love atom heart mother,the wall and much of animals. Agreed not everything was great but every album had some nuggets of gold and sublime moments. Watch live at pompei for a true feel of the floyd.
You mentioned neil young saw him with csny at wembley back in the 70's.
Assume you also like early Genesis-up to around mid 70's again some memorable tracks that stand the test of time. My daughter is a singer songwriter and is in awe of all the bands i have seen.

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

wildbeast wrote:
medlocke wrote:
wildbeast wrote: I think i need to go for a lie down- Pink Floyd are my all time fave band and i've been listening to music well over 50 years-saw them many times in 70's.-definately NOT overated.Some of the most sublime music ever written.

Like all the above but my faves are echoes,all live ummagumma tracks, shine on, but also love atom heart mother,the wall and much of animals. Agreed not everything was great but every album had some nuggets of gold and sublime moments. Watch live at pompei for a true feel of the floyd.
You mentioned neil young saw him with csny at wembley back in the 70's.
Assume you also like early Genesis-up to around mid 70's again some memorable tracks that stand the test of time. My daughter is a singer songwriter and is in awe of all the bands i have seen.

no, never gotten into Genesis for some reason, i prefer the likes of Camel, Gentle Giant and Rare Bird, Epic Forest is a superb rock masterpiece
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Med you are obviously a keen music fan never heard epic forest but will give it a whirl-is that rare bird. only remember THE single sympathy.You probaly like soft machine I guess?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Yeah Epic Forest is Rare Birds 3rd Lp iirc, Soft Machine is another band i've not really gotten into, love me some prog though, Caravan, Khan, Egg, Eloy, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Jade Warrior & Gong to name a few, i'm a massive music fan Wildbeast, i listen to a broad spectrum of music from thrash metal to blue grass, Warren Zevon to Curtis Mayfield, John Coltrane to Judee Sill, according to Lastfm scrobbling site i have 2073 different bands/artists in my library.
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Med you obvously are a real music fan and its good to share views -more interesting than the rugby at the moment.You must be from the same era as me -born in the fifties?
By the way my username wildbeast is after the kendal band not any thing to do with my past rugby prowess. If you havent heard them listen to Two dancers album.
I too have a huge eclectic taste eg Matt Monroe,Sigur ros,Puccini, X Factor on at the moment--aaaargh !!!!!!
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

born in 72, my Grandad was into The Stones, Mountain and allsorts of other music, guess i got it from there, shall have a look on youtube for Two dancers, so are you in Cumbria as well?
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Born and bred in Wigan but lived in Cumbria for 23 yrs up to nov 2013 when relocated to Brighton -opened a coffee shop/sandwich bar 2 weeks ago. Got into Wildbeasts when in Kendal-fantasic gig at the brewery about 3/4 years ago. Love the fact u like all the old stuff despite not from that era. Good Music Transcends everything. My daughter loves all the older stuff and had been influenced by much of it. -Just needs a break in a very competitive industry.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Its a tough business, my friends daughter is an aspiring artist, shes doing a gig at moment in Barrow opening for Ocean Colour Scene, suppose it's a lot easier for them now with facebook, youtube etc