hooper link

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

hooper link

Post by mike binder »

:( :( according to the daily star no its not a good source,despite our over seas quota being full we are still being linked with him,thought he had signed for salford ,any 1 know :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Re: hooper link

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
:( :( according to the daily star no its not a good source,despite our over seas quota being full we are still being linked with him,thought he had signed for salford ,any 1 know :angry:
Undoubtably nothing. They seem to have a policy of linking us with a different player every week in the hope that eventually we'll sign one of them and they can say they were right. It's inevitable we're linked to someone that Milly brought over here who's out of contract, but the rumours of him going to Salford are much stronger than any mutterings of him coming to Wigan.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

:) thank god :)
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

If he signed you would presumw Moran would leave, and Orr would move to scrum half. What a complete an utter waste of time that would be, Hooper is a solid player who looks good when hes surrounded by very good players like he was at Saints. To lose Moran who can create and to replace him with Hooper, a player who isnt creative would be a bad move.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Doug Stand posted:
ChrisA posted:
If he signed you would presumw Moran would leave, and Orr would move to scrum half. What a complete an utter waste of time that would be, Hooper is a solid player who looks good when hes surrounded by very good players like he was at Saints. To lose Moran who can create and to replace him with Hooper, a player who isnt creative would be a bad move.
Sorry Chris... have to disagree with you on Moran being a creater. I suppose it's down to interpration and what you believe a creator should be but to my mind Moran is a finisher with the occasional very occasional glimpse of individual brilliance. He is IMO not a ball player.

That being said Hooper is not the man for Wigan.
He isnt in the mould of Andy Gregory or Adrian lam, but compared to hooper Moran is creative, that was my point. I think he has the potential to be a very good ball player, I think alot of players next year will improve out of site, Moran included, once we get players fit and our new guys in.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

He will never be a lam or Greg or Edwards etc, but he can create for others, what we havent seen from him is his abilty to pick out runners hitting gaps, because he doesnt have any runners hitting gaps. That is a massive plus to any attack, when you have guys hitting gaps at pace and players who can pick them out, but without the runners theres no passes to throw, its not just his fault that he isnt creating, he needs help from players around him, if they arent running for him he has very few options, I look and see that, you look and see a player who cant create, we will see when hes in a better side next year, with players who know how to hit a gap, players who know how to make dummy runs etc, its all basic stuff, but its something we fail to do every week.