No more signings for next season?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Suzieb

Re: No more signings for next season?

Post by Suzieb »

Why waste money when we got an unders 19,s team with lads more than capable of stepping up to the mark
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

because they don't have the experience
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:because they don't have the experience
Williams was lacking experience until this season but has come on massively.
Do you think the same could not be achieved with the likes of Hampshire and Doran etc?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
Do you think the same could not be achieved with the likes of Hampshire and Doran etc?
with more youngsters theres less experience, look what hapened last time we filled the team with youngsters, it all went tits up
Panchitta Marra

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
with more youngsters theres less experience, look what hapened last time we filled the team with youngsters, it all went tits up
Same team full of youngsters turned Leeds over on their own turf a couple of seasons ago.
The team has experienced players in key positions to help out.
Maybe if there weren't too many changes it would be too bad especially with a decent pre season.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Williams was lacking experience until this season but has come on massively.
Same team full of youngsters turned Leeds over on their own turf a couple of seasons ago.
Maybe if there weren't too many changes it would be too bad especially with a decent pre season.
fair enough, and i've got nothing against blooding young uns but lets not put them straight into roles where experience is needed, that is all
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

If there's no more signings does that suggest SOL will still be playing next year?
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Panchitta Marra

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:with more youngsters theres less experience, look what hapened last time we filled the team with youngsters, it all went tits up
fair enough, and i've got nothing against blooding young uns but lets not put them straight into roles where experience is needed, that is all
Thats a fair comment and I think we are saying similar things.
We have some very talented youngsters and its about introducing them at the right time.
I would like to see a little bit more bulk on Rocky, but adding weight can also have issues with loosing pace which he is blessed with. Some say he is faster than Sam Tomkins was which is a massive benefit to the team.
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

East Stand Faithful wrote:If there's no more signings does that SOL will still be playing next year?
No.It doesn't suggest anything But you have. :) Regarding the topic I concur with the opinions of CP and Suzie. I think we need ,tho, an established goal kicker(unless Smith improves remarkably in the off season
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Same team full of youngsters turned Leeds over on their own turf a couple of seasons ago.
Thats a fair comment and I think we are saying similar things.
We have some very talented youngsters and its about introducing them at the right time.
I would like to see a little bit more bulk on Rocky, but adding weight can also have issues with loosing pace which he is blessed with. Some say he is faster than Sam Tomkins was which is a massive benefit to the team.
The bulk / extra lbs may come naturally PM as he ages.