What are your thoughts?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the winky one

What are your thoughts?

Post by the winky one »

On Fridays game given the results of the last few matches.
Do you feel apprehensive or do you think we will raise our game?
I think I'm in the latter group but it needs 80 minutes of sheer determination and not ten minutes and then switch off.Can't wait. :sly: :devi: And get some superglue on those hands!!
FAIRWARRIOR

Re: What are your thoughts?

Post by FAIRWARRIOR »

Very very apprehensive.
It would have to be a complete turnaround from how we've been playing.
I hate to say it, but I just don't think it's gonna happen. Last Friday was painful to watch....we couldn't even put three passes together....do that against a team like Leeds, and that's no disrespect to Widnes, but they'll make us pay far greater than the Vikings did.
I'm going to church tomorrow to pray!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

A defining game for the rest of the season this one. Performance needs to be full on to give us any chance at all in the play-offs.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Strange one. We should not win based on form BUT maybe just maybe a full house will see Wigan put on a show. Moon out is a big loss for them IMO. Not sure what they will do; Ablett to centre? Briscoe, who takes his place?
jobo

Post by jobo »

the winky one wrote:On Fridays game given the results of the last few matches.
Do you feel apprehensive or do you think we will raise our game?
I think I'm in the latter group but it needs 80 minutes of sheer determination and not ten minutes and then switch off.Can't wait. :sly: :devi: And get some superglue on those hands!!
Think you're right about the superglue Winky. Keep hold of the ball, complete sets and we should be fine.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

My heart tells me we can win this. My head is hesitating and I hate to say that as I one of the irritating optimists on this forum.

Before the Widnes match I was excited for the Leeds match, since the Widnes match I have been dreading it but as it gets nearer I'm thinking - actually the not knowing whether we will pull a flanker and surprise everyone or bomb out is getting quite intriguing.

Either way I know I'll still shout like a goon. I just hope the rest of the 'full house' gets behind em. We aren't really reknown for the vocal support at home matches are we? Whatever happens on the pitch we should make sure that us Warrior fans don't get outsung by the Yerkshire Interbreds!!!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

i think we will beat them, i think they will struggle for the next 2 games due to the challenge cup, moon like cp says is a huge miss for them and mickey mac et al have another game under their belt so i think we will win
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

:eusa10: :eusa10: Amen.. And something needs doing with those bloody trumpets.. :wink: COME ON WIGAN..
bertina

Post by bertina »

Another massive MUST for me is to reduce the penalty count compared to recent weeks. We have been giving away far to many needless and stupid penalties. Discipline like that and we will get murdered. And before anyone jumps on me, to be fair in most cases we have been guilty, so no blaming the ref.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the winky one wrote: :eusa10: :eusa10: Amen.. And something needs doing with those bloody trumpets.. :wink: COME ON WIGAN..
What trumpets? :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan