Ashya Petition

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
KaylaRobbo

Ashya Petition

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Everybody as their own opinion on this topic but I would ask that if you feel that this poor little boy needs to be spending these critical days with his parents then you sign on this petition before noon today and show your support.

Who knows how we would react in such an impossible situation?

http://www.change.org/p/police-reunite- ... is-parents
the winky one

Re: Ashya Petition

Post by the winky one »

KaylaRobbo wrote:Everybody as their own opinion on this topic but I would ask that if you feel that this poor little boy needs to be spending these critical days with his parents then you sign on this petition before noon today and show your support.

Who knows how we would react in such an impossible situation?

http://www.change.org/p/police-reunite- ... is-parents
Sorry Kayla my laptop was playing up and I've only just seen your message so was too late to sign
I'm with you on this,this is a dreadful position to be in and no way will I judge this family.
My thoughts go out to all of them whatever the outcome
Please get this boy back with his family.

Christine.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Ashya King parents leave Spain jail

he parents of Ashya King have been freed from a Spanish prison after UK prosecutors withdrew a European arrest warrant, the BBC has learned.

Brett and Naghemeh King were arrested after taking five-year-old Ashya, who has a brain tumour, from a Southampton hospital against medical advice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-29040124
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Lawyer: Ashya King's parents to be released tonight

The parents of Ashya King are to be released from prison in Spain tonight and will travel to Malaga to visit their son, their lawyer Juan Isidro Fernandez Diaz has told ITV News.

The Crown Prosecution Service says it has stopped proceedings against Ashya King's parents after evidence received today indicated they were not guilty of "wilful neglect" of their child by taking him from hospital care.

David Cameron has welcomed the Crown Prosecution Service's decision to drop charges against the parents of the five-year-old. Health Secretary Jeremy Hunt told ITV News the Government is offering to fly one of the NHS' top medical experts to Spain to give advice on the next course of action for five-year-old Ashya.

Brett and Naghmeh King are being held in prison in Madrid, 300 miles from where their son is being treated for a brain tumour.

http://www.itv.com/news/story/2014-09-0 ... d-tonight/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Thank God people have seen sense am praying you find strength to face the days ahead.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

God bless the litte one.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Funny how all these fat cats who initiated the arrest (Southampton Council, the hospital, the police) are all now denouncing each others actions and saying they only acted on one of the others recommendations. It wasn't their instigation!
Disgraceful! Would be much more honourable if they were to say 'You know what - we were wrong - it felt like we were doing the right thing at the time but now,looking back, maybe we were too hasty' and send people who have already dealt with Ashya's case over to help move any other treatment he can get along rather than starting again from the beginning.
Feel so sorry for the time wasted already for him and his family.
I read a good quote the other day :-
'Never look down on people unless you are helping them up!'
Seems really appropriate in this case.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

KaylaRobbo wrote:Funny how all these fat cats who initiated the arrest (Southampton Council, the hospital, the police) are all now denouncing each others actions and saying they only acted on one of the others recommendations. It wasn't their instigation!
Disgraceful! Would be much more honourable if they were to say 'You know what - we were wrong - it felt like we were doing the right thing at the time but now,looking back, maybe we were too hasty' and send people who have already dealt with Ashya's case over to help move any other treatment he can get along rather than starting again from the beginning.
Feel so sorry for the time wasted already for him and his family.
I read a good quote the other day :-
'Never look down on people unless you are helping them up!'
Seems really appropriate in this case.
Sorry but don't know where you got your info from as hospitals being fat cats.I have worked in one for over 20 years and can assure you we are far from fat cats. But still provide the best free health service in the world.The hospital was following normal procedures.If a seriously ill minor with life threatening issues is removed from inpatient care without consent/discharge/against medical/surgical advise will be reported to police.Let me put it to you another way. If the parents had taken this child and god forbid he had died and the hospital had not reported there leaving every one would know be saying the hospital should have done something to stop them.I feel for the family and they should not have had to do what they did. But Feel they did a dangerous thing.
KaylaRobbo

Post by KaylaRobbo »

Hi 'KeptInTheDarkFans' (Sorry didn't want to requote as both posts are quite big)
As I said on my initial post - everyone has their own opinion on this. I wasn't referring to your particular place of work or position so I am sorry that my post offended you as it was in no means meant as personal as it seems you have taken it.
I watched a TV interview with the council (social services) and a representative of the hospital (no police were involved) and both were blaming each other for the way things turned out. I know that the people on the front line try to do their best because thats a way of life for them but this surpassed the 'workers' and went to what I call the 'fat cats' by the time it had got escalated to the point where the family were being held in a foreign holding place and Ashya was without his parents.
This is what I meant when I stated that they should stop with it and just admit it went wrong.
You feel it was dangerous - I feel it was desperate. Different opinions but we're allowed that aren't we?
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

No appology needed I was not offended although reading it does come across as I took exception. I was just putting another spin on things from a hospital veiw. And was just trying to see what the puplic reaction would have been with a different outcome. I agree it was desparation.As you say it is only our veiws and we are intitled to them.Ilooked at it from this veiw.1/ Why take the child out of a hospital where he was getting expert care to take him to Spain to raise funds.Why not leave him with one parent while the other raised funds then take him directly to Prauge.2/ They say they had the correct and sufficient medical devices for the child They do not have the medical training.3/ They did not take him to a hospital in Spain it was only when caught that he was taken to hospital.The sad thing about all this is it looks like it boils down to money. Some saying he is not compatable for proton treatment the clinic saying he is.Am I being niave thinking the clinic would say everyone would be compatable at over £80.000 a time.