Whats the expected crowd tonight ( how many taxis will Leeds bring )

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Whats the expected crowd tonight ( how many taxis will Leeds bring )

Post by OAMJSONA »

So what do we think the crowd will be tonight and will Bluestar be busier than normal for the Leeds fans
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

No straw damn us

Re: Whats the expected crowd tonight ( how many taxis will Leeds bring )

Post by No straw damn us »

Up to Tuesday night Leeds had sold 450 tickets.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:Up to Tuesday night Leeds had sold 450 tickets.
Give over! You're joking aren't you? :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

South stand is sold out & limited tickets available in the East according to the club :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

josie andrews wrote:
Afraid not. That's what I was told on Tuesday whilst at the academy game v Salford. I'll leave you to guess who told me but he would know.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Afraid not. That's what I was told on Tuesday whilst at the academy game v Salford. I'll leave you to guess who told me but he would know.
That's disgraceful if true Leeds are nowhere near the best supported team/club if it's only home attendance where their fans support them :( :(

Our home & away support is fantastic IMO
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

mickw wrote:Great south stand full of knob heads goin for a waz every two minutes then buggering off with 15 minutes left if we're not winning.
They attend the games so quit with personal attacks as long as they are supporting the cherry and white then fair play I spent a season in the south stand and they're not all "nob heads" as you so poetically put it.
Richymac

Post by Richymac »

mickw wrote:
Richymac wrote:
mickw wrote:Great south stand full of knob heads goin for a waz every two minutes then buggering off with 15 minutes left if we're not winning.
They attend the games so quit with personal attacks as long as they are supporting the cherry and white then fair play I spent a season in the south stand and they're not all "nob heads" as you so poetically put it.
no they don't attend the games or we'd have20 thousand every week so get your facts right.
Find it a bit offensive saying that people that have paid there hard earned money to go to a game are "knob heads" even though they obviously are interested in the sport maybe this game will have encouraged said "knob heads" to come more often? But if that is what they are met by I am not surprised they don't come more often
DaveO

Re: Whats the expected crowd tonight ( how many taxis will Leeds...

Post by DaveO »

We got the SL record attendance tonight on the back of bugger all Leeds support.

If that isn't a pat on the back for the marketing guys I don't know what is.

At this stage of the season with Leeds (despite what McDermott says) probably planning an assault on the GF from 5th or 6th and the playoffs looming large in everyones mind to get that sort of attendance is a credit to the club IMO.

The fact some people came who never normally do is entirely the object of the exercise.

josie andrews

Re: Whats the expected crowd tonight ( how many taxis will Leeds...

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:We got the SL record attendance tonight on the back of bugger all Leeds support.

If that isn't a pat on the back for the marketing guys I don't know what is.

At this stage of the season with Leeds (despite what McDermott says) probably planning an assault on the GF from 5th or 6th and the playoffs looming large in everyones mind to get that sort of attendance is a credit to the club IMO.

The fact some people came who never normally do is entirely the object of the exercise.
Well said. Fantastic achievement from the marketing guys ????????

I was a bit dispirited, when on another thread, a poster said that up to Tuesday there were only 450 Leeds tickets sold!

The only thing I found to be a daft move, was to have a bucket collection for the Great Billy Boston, when the night was to raise funds for Joining Jack :exc:

I gave to several collectors from both charities outside the ground, but wondered how many people did the same? ( I know of several who didn't give to either ) :(