Re: Wigan TV

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Post by jobo »

JJ wrote: :conf:
Can anyone find last nights Joining Jack game on the Wigan TV?
Ive not really been impressed with the Wigan TV not sure if I'm going to cancel it.
It is a bit underwhelming. It's saving grace is the under 19's games. Without these, I'd definately bin it.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Personally I would give the new guy at the helm time. He does actually listen. I contacted him suggesting a past game between ourselves and our forthcoming opponents and he was onto it ASAP. I think he is the first serious person to look at the whole package. People liked Kelly O'D but she was a presenter (largely promoting herself) and did not IMO build Wigan TV up.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Personally I would give the new guy at the helm time. He does actually listen. I contacted him suggesting a past game between ourselves and our forthcoming opponents and he was onto it ASAP. I think he is the first serious person to look at the whole package. People liked Kelly O'D but she was a presenter (largely promoting herself) and did not IMO build Wigan TV up.
She was a waste of space!!

This new guy is definitely a vast improvment :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

josie andrews wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Personally I would give the new guy at the helm time. He does actually listen. I contacted him suggesting a past game between ourselves and our forthcoming opponents and he was onto it ASAP. I think he is the first serious person to look at the whole package. People liked Kelly O'D but she was a presenter (largely promoting herself) and did not IMO build Wigan TV up.
She was a waste of space!!

This new guy is definitely a vast improvment :)
P.S I agree Josie I was trying to be diplomatic. Feathering her own nest to advance, style over substance though.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

I have cancelled mine as it is easier to see the highlights on Sky and BBC the same night, and it is frustrating seeing bits of a match each night.
exiled

Post by exiled »

I watched the Joining Jack game this afternoon on Wigan TV it was great to see the likes of Robinson, Farrell, Connelly, Hampson etc back on the park.
I don't know if it is me, but I found the commentary in parts was hilarious.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes exiled, the commentary from Bilko & co was brilliant,

I thought the banter was so lighthearted & so funny, could do with the Sky lot taking a leaf out of their book :exc:
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

exiled wrote:I watched the Joining Jack game this afternoon on Wigan TV it was great to see the likes of Robinson, Farrell, Connelly, Hampson etc back on the park.
It was a very late decision for us to do that for Wigan TV/Wish FM, so we were thrown into it a little. Was a bit tough as the team sheet for the opposition side had some of the numbers wrong.

Me and Joe also did commentary for Wigan TV on the Under 19s match last Tuesday v Salford. Not done todays game mind you but expect we'll do next weeks play off match.

And in regards to delay of match highlights uploading, specifically two weeks till a full match, I wonder if that might change next year with a new TV contract commencing.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko wrote:
exiled wrote:I watched the Joining Jack game this afternoon on Wigan TV it was great to see the likes of Robinson, Farrell, Connelly, Hampson etc back on the park.
It was a very late decision for us to do that for Wigan TV/Wish FM, so we were thrown into it a little. Was a bit tough as the team sheet for the opposition side had some of the numbers wrong.

Me and Joe also did commentary for Wigan TV on the Under 19s match last Tuesday v Salford. Not done todays game mind you but expect we'll do next weeks play off match.

And in regards to delay of match highlights uploading, specifically two weeks till a full match, I wonder if that might change next year with a new TV contract commencing.
Well if that's how you perform off the cuff, just think how good you will be when you're both prepared

Well done ????????