Season Ticket VFM.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Season Ticket VFM.

Post by Owd Codger »

Kaii wrote:
cpwigan wrote:What utter tosh
I think he's right CP, I did a post the other week complaining about all these offers and the lack of benefit of having a season ticket. Renewal comes along and without giving it a second thought 3 generations of my family got their season ticket.
If someone like many here and on cherry & white decide going to the match is too much trouble then how can they be classed as a supporter, they're a fan at best.
If you live in Morcambe and can only get to a limited amount of games you've more than enough shown your support for this club. Some make absolutely no effort to get to a game and they are normally the most vocal on forums/Facebook groups.
The club has bent over backwards to make season tickets affordable so there is no excuse for any real supporter of this club not to have one if you live in the surrounding areas
Spot on and some of what you are on about are on this website.

'Cherry and White in our blood' it would appear is meaningless to them!

Now where did I put the cheque book.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

medlocke wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Well said!

A true loyal supporter will always buy a season ticket, irrespective of other offers, shifts at work and most of all, lack of success.

so does that mean that those that can't afford tickets and travelling expenses are not true loyal supporters ?

There are no doubt numerous supporters who find it hard to find the money for a season ticket but they do as loyal supporters and as people who love to watch a game of Rugby League.

In my case, even when I had been made redundant and was out of work for a period.

Even scraped the money together to go to Wembley for a Cup Final at the time.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
medlocke wrote:
so does that mean that those that can't afford tickets and travelling expenses are not true loyal supporters ?

There are no doubt numerous supporters who find it hard to find the money for a season ticket but they do as loyal supporters and as people who love to watch a game of Rugby League.

In my case, even when I had been made redundant and was out of work for a period.

Even scraped the money together to go to Wembley for a Cup Final at the time.
You still do not get it WW. EVERYBODY is different, EVERYBODY has different circumstances.

Some supporters have to travel considerable distances so that becomes an expense before they even enter a stadium. Some cannot just please themselves, they have responsibilities. Whatever those supporters decide and whatever their reasons makes them no less supporters and nobody has the right to criticise them.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

WW serious question, how would you class me?
I now live in Boston, Lincolnshire and through other commitments I am physically unable to attend every home match.
I now average approximately 6 home SL games per season plus the odd home CC, and home playoff game. I usually get to 4 or 5 away games. I pay "on the door" because I rarely know which games I will make until the day. Although I do target certain games/finals.
When and if I was in a position to attend most every game I had/would have a season ticket but for me today it is not financially viable for me to only be able to attend half of the fixtures.
I do not support any other team or sport
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
AlanF

Post by AlanF »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Kaii wrote:
cpwigan wrote:What utter tosh
I think he's right CP, I did a post the other week complaining about all these offers and the lack of benefit of having a season ticket. Renewal comes along and without giving it a second thought 3 generations of my family got their season ticket.
If someone like many here and on cherry & white decide going to the match is too much trouble then how can they be classed as a supporter, they're a fan at best.
If you live in Morcambe and can only get to a limited amount of games you've more than enough shown your support for this club. Some make absolutely no effort to get to a game and they are normally the most vocal on forums/Facebook groups.
The club has bent over backwards to make season tickets affordable so there is no excuse for any real supporter of this club not to have one if you live in the surrounding areas
Spot on and some of what you are on about are on this website.

'Cherry and White in our blood' it would appear is meaningless to them!

Now where did I put the cheque book.
I've been a season ticket holder for many years, but one of my mates who was also a season ticket holder is now on permanent nights so cannot attend most matches. Does this mean he is not "Loyal" anymore. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous, I really don't understand why people play this oneupmanship game "I'm a season ticket holder so I'm better than you". Personally I don't care as long as you support Wigan in your own way and have the best interests of the club at heart then fine.
I was going to buy a book called "The Power of Positive Thinking", and then I thought: What good would that do?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

People can & do support the club in their own different ways.

We have hundreds of fans who never attend a home or away game due to living permanently abroad.

They are no less supporters of Wigan Warriors than anyone else.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Perhaps I went a bit over the top about what constitutes a 'loyal' supporter and for that I apologise.

However, what prompted me to say what I said was seeing some supporters casting doubt on getting a season ticket because of cost and other petty excuses other than work commitments.

I never made any comment about being a better supporter than others, just said that in my case, I have bought a season ticket for 43 years irrespective of cost, success or even employment and I am proud of that fact.

Finally, I do not see why there has to be even a thread on the purchase of a season ticket!

x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Perhaps I went a bit over the top about what constitutes a 'loyal' supporter and for that I apologise.

However, what prompted me to say what I said was seeing some supporters casting doubt on getting a season ticket because of cost and other petty excuses other than work commitments.

I never made any comment about being a better supporter than others, just said that in my case, I have bought a season ticket for 43 years irrespective of cost, success or even employment and I am proud of that fact.

Finally, I do not see why there has to be even a thread on the purchase of a season ticket!
i would chose the welfare of my family and my home rather than risk it all on the expenditure of a season ticket if i had no job or could not afford it ! My wife and i have had a season ticket for 15 odd years, we didnt renew one season in 2008 because of our wedding and we didnt renew last year because of the birth of our child. Not getting one next season because i have more important things in life to take care of. £280 each + all the other bits on game day add up. I can afford a lot of things and at the moment but that money and time is being spent on my family and our well being .... this makes me no less a supporter than you, in fact by belittling people without a season ticket by saying so IMO makes you less of a Wigan Warrior fan then them ! I go when i can and love it, one day we will renew our season tickets .... maybe then we can join your elite club of "supporters"
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I have apologised for what I said about being a loyal supporter and anyone should not think for one minute that I have never put my family first before the purchase of a season ticket.

Boy, have you got to be careful about what you say on here with some!
jobo

Post by jobo »

Whelley Warrior wrote:I have apologised for what I said about being a loyal supporter and anyone should not think for one minute that I have never put my family first before the purchase of a season ticket.

Boy, have you got to be careful about what you say on here with some!
:lol: :lol:

It's called putting your brain in gear before you speak, or in the case of a written forum, before you type.

To be honest WW, it is something you appear to have trouble with.