Next years captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: Next years captain

Post by Fraggle »

jinkin jimmy posted:
I would seriously consider making Fletcher captain, possibly mentioning in the announcement that the role will eventually go to O'Loughlin. Fletcher's leadership experience is beyond doubt. O'Loughlin would learn a lot from him and would run things when Fletcher is rotated to the bench.

This move would take pressure off O'Loughlin whilst at the same time reassuring him re his own future in the team.
Agreed. After this season the important thing is to stabilise the ship so we're not at the bottom of the table again next season. If that means we make use of the experienced players to run the show, just for one season, at the expense of the future of the club then that's what we should do. Lockers is still, what, 21? He's still got a long time to grow into the captain's role, and it might be a good inducement the club could offer him when the next contract negotiations are due, especially if Gold Coast are still sniffing around.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
superleague

Post by superleague »

this is going a little of the subject but how can people say faz carried the team single handed wot did he do multiply his self into 13.....people dont forget its called a team for a reason. also dont get me wrong faz did do alot of what people said but to a certain extent.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

Lockers for captain next year. Well take it off rads as he seems to perform better when he aint captain.
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

I think that Bryan Fletcher should be captain when he arrives next season.

If you're looking for an experienced head to lead the team he can't be beaten ... NRL Grand Final winner, captain of an NRL team, played for the Aussie national team, what more do you need.

Whilst he's here I'd give the captaincy to Fletch after he's completed his contract pass it on to O'Loughlin (that's if he hasn't gone to Gold Coast!!)
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

lets be honest.............. it will be hard to replace such a great captain (farrel for the ones who cant work it out) as he was at the club a long time and the great-britain captain and the "best player in the world" in his prime.

so if you ask me you can pick anyone (preferebly radlinski) but they will not be the same as faz!
WIGAN WARRIORS 4 EVER

Post by WIGAN WARRIORS 4 EVER »

i think lockers as captain and rads as vice
:cool: :cool: :cool:
wigan till i die