Kevin brown

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
keptinthedarkfans

Re: Kevin brown

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Know thats funny.Not going to happen. :lol:
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

That would be wonderful, imagine Smith and Brown together, that would give us the slowest half back pairing in SL.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Must be that time of year - I've been waiting for the "Paul Wood to Wigan" thread to start which seems to raise it's ugly head each year. Wouldn't want either rumour to come true personally
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Couldnt put it better myself he,s not needed
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Anyone who seriously thinks Wigan should be signing dross like Brown needs their annual senility examination

Rather we got Kevin Iro back :lol:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Brown is an excellent player. It was not a mistake for him to leave when he did. Wigan today is a very different club to what it was then and the pressure on young players was excessive/too demanding. Had Kevin and others remained rather than move on then their development/future careers may have been damaged irrevocably.

Wigan 2014 is not Wigan in the doldrums.

Would I sign Kevin Brown? No, not because he is not good enough but simply because we have gone down the youth route and have some fantastic youngsters to emerge. Smith offers the necessary HB experience.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Brown is not the most consistent of players, and shows flare against poorer levels of opposition.
Seldom seen him being one of the main player responsible for winning those crucial matches.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Brown is not the most consistent of players, and shows flare against poorer levels of opposition.
Seldom seen him being one of the main player responsible for winning those crucial matches.
I think the problem v the best is it becomes too easy to target Kevin Brown as there are few dangers elsewhere.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Why would we want Brown?
For next year Waney has the options of Powell, Williams & Hampshire to play 6. Sarginson is another option.
Of those four, three are far faster than Brown. OK he has the experience but that's it to me.
The Brown to Wigan ship sailed long ago.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Brown is too inconsistent and he only got into the Dream Team because imo, no other number six playing on a regular basis in that position has been outstanding.

Plus the fact that Green was out for a while.

And Huddersfield did not exactly go out of their way to retain him.