Grand Final Ticket - Website keep crashing

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JonnyD

Re: Grand Final Ticket - Website keep crashing

Post by JonnyD »

I didn't crawl out of the woodwork either, and I resent the comment based on the fact that I tried to purchase season tickets on line. I've been a season ticket holder for well over 10 years

I have a full and busy work and family life, so the option of buying on line was meant to be a nice convenient option, which it didn't end up being.

I got a very pleasant call from a lady in the ticket office who apologised for all the problems. Funnily enough she rang just as I walked away for the ticket office window :D

So really the only negative was some idiot on this website inferring I've just crawled out of the woodwork.

Now I remember why I don't usually post on forums, I won't trouble you again
mr benn

Post by mr benn »

Out in Cyprus not back until late Monday crashing on line ticket sale a nightmare. So I created a new account with ticket master and got one from them E231 block no bother no check for season membership or any other criteria go figure :conf:
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

JonnyD wrote:I didn't crawl out of the woodwork either, and I resent the comment based on the fact that I tried to purchase season tickets on line. I've been a season ticket holder for well over 10 years

I have a full and busy work and family life, so the option of buying on line was meant to be a nice convenient option, which it didn't end up being.

I got a very pleasant call from a lady in the ticket office who apologised for all the problems. Funnily enough she rang just as I walked away for the ticket office window :D

So really the only negative was some idiot on this website inferring I've just crawled out of the woodwork.

Now I remember why I don't usually post on forums, I won't trouble you again
Don't stop posting because one poster comes out with crap comments, we aren't all like that.

I for one am not not bothered about season ticket holders buying online, not all ST holders live local.

It's the bandwagon jumpers that annoy me.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Mrs Lifter wrote:We live in Bolton have had season tickets for a trillion years why should we not purchase on line if we want to. We go to home and away games Including Catalan Wembley Magic weekend et al.Just because i chose to buy on line doesn't mean "i crawled out of the woodwork".
After trying most of the day online because my husband was to ill to go out,we emailed the club to say how disapionted we were with the service.
At 5.15 a very nice young lady phoned us to apologise profusely and explain about the total system crash.She said she had been dealing with very upset people all day at the window they had IT experts coming from all over the country.
She then took our order for tickets got us the seats we wanted. We then sent an email thanking the club.
I too come from Bolton and tried to get tickets on line for the four of us who go together week in week out.
My original comment re. bandwagon jumpers was not aimed at folk that go regularly but more to the point that allowing four tickets per member actually hits regular members hard because members can purchase tickets for folk that don't go regular at the expense of those that do!?!
I am sincerely pleased that you got your tickets that you wanted, unfortunately we have had to settle for seats in the "letterbox" via the RFL by phone, despite my best efforts
on line! As I say look after number 18!
Hope this clarifies?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

mr benn wrote:Out in Cyprus not back until late Monday crashing on line ticket sale a nightmare. So I created a new account with ticket master and got one from them E231 block no bother no check for season membership or any other criteria go figure :conf:
I rest my case!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Got home at mid-day yesterday from Fridays's match .

2.5 hours on the Wigan site with no joy . Got them from The RFL eventually . Just pleased to have tickets was starting to sweat a bit

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
mr benn

Post by mr benn »

I'm a season ticket holder so to have to go to ticket master direct was not something I wanted to do but being away on holiday and left with no choice and panic setting in I gave it a try. Makes a mockery of the system in place at Wigan. It is the same company only allowing season ticket holders access ? And yet I get 1 with no questions asked. :cool:
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

I too don't live in Wigan but I know a lovely lady that does and she selflessly queued up at 5 in the pouring rain so we got to all sit together. ????
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

Sorry that should have said unselfishly.????
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Green Machine wrote:Sorry that should have said unselfishly.????
It was from 4 :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan