Wane & Lockers sign new deals

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Wane & Lockers sign new deals

Post by josie andrews »

The Wigan Club are delighted exclusively inform Seasonal Members that Head Coach, Shaun Wane, and Captain, Sean O’Loughlin have both signed new three year deals.

Shaun Wane, who also played for Wigan between 1981 and 1990 made over 150 appearances for his hometown Club and was appointed Head Coach for 2012, when he guided the Club to the League Leader’s Shield in his first season in charge. In 2013 he won the double as his team won the Super League Grand Final at Old Trafford and the Challenge Cup Final at Wembley and he has steered the Warriors back to Old Trafford for tomorrow’s Grand Final with St Helens.

Sean O’Loughlin made his debut for Wigan in April 2002, following in the footsteps of his Father Keiron and Uncle Kevin. He has since gone on to make 342 appearances for the Cherry and Whites and holds heritage number 947. A member of the Super League Dream Team for the last five years, Sean was also recently named Captain of the England National Team.

Speaking about the new deals, Chairman, Ian Lenagan said:

“The contract extensions of Shaun and Sean are very important to the Wigan Club. It is very symbolic that we have jointly announced these deals as it is very evident that they work very well together. There is a lot of trust between them and we couldn’t have two more committed people in the key positions of Head Coach and Captain of Wigan.

“Shaun Wane has earned his extension on the back of the 2013 Super League and Challenge Cup double and now leading his team to the 2014 Grand Final. Anyone who saw the recent World Club Challenge documentary will see the passion that he carries into his role and will understand why we have extended his contract for a minimum of three years and rolling thereafter.

“In Sean O’Loughlin, we are lucky to have one of the world’s most respected Rugby League players. He is still producing high level performances and we are confident that he can continue this is the coming years. The recent announcement of him becoming England Captain is a reward for having a career of consistency and quality. He is a fine role model and we are proud that he leads us.”

Head Coach, Shaun Wane commented:

“I am really pleased to sign an extension to my present contract with my hometown club. I am very happy here, working with a group of people whose desire to win and improve completely matches mine.

“There is still a lot I want to achieve at Wigan and I will always be totally committed to achieving those goals. I would like to thank everyone involved at the Club; the players, all the staff and in particular Ian Lenagan for their continued support.”

Captain, Sean O’Loughlin added:

“I am delighted to have extended my stay with Wigan. The Club has been my life. I have been through some tough times but it has all been worth it to experience the great times that the Club is now enjoying. I love working with this group of players and coaching staff and I am confident that the Club will continue to grow and improve. I still have a lot of personal ambition and I am as hungry as ever to win more trophies with this great Club, before moving on to my agreed coaching position at Wigan.”

This message was sent by Wigan Warriors

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 820&type=1

Link now on official site :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Wane & Lockers sign new deals

Post by josie andrews »

JJ wrote:Josie that's made my day brilliant news.
Now all I want is for us to win tomorrow and that will make my weekend. :D :eusa3: :eusa3:
Me too JJ ????????????????????

Three more years whoopee ????????????????????
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

Fantastic pre final news great timing
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Better timing than the one from Nathan Brown! :wink:
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Brilliant news. The dynasty continues. Hopefully, more happy memories will be created tomorrow.
OJ

Post by OJ »

Brilliant news, very pleased are they the only ones with extended contracts? Not sure whose contracts end soon but had an idea there were others coming to an end shortly
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Just off the plane from Portugal to this brilliant news. Now to create a dynasty. :D
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It goes against what I believe re coaching (3 years then a new coach, no matter whom the coach is) nevertheless it is still very good news.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:It goes against what I believe re coaching (3 years then a new coach, no matter whom the coach is) nevertheless it is still very good news.
So does that mean in your opinion that Waney is no longer a John Dorahy Mk 2?

Never has been imo from the moment he was appointed Coach of the Academy a few seasons ago.

100% good coach and true Wiganer!
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:It goes against what I believe re coaching (3 years then a new coach, no matter whom the coach is) nevertheless it is still very good news.
So does that mean in your opinion that Waney is no longer a John Dorahy Mk 2?

Never has been imo from the moment he was appointed Coach of the Academy a few seasons ago.

100% good coach and true Wiganer!
Give cp a break, WW! He's been magnanimous (if that's how it's spelt) recently - try to resist the temptation to have a dig, it's Grand Final day. As they said on Monty Python "This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who."
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐