We Have to Win - Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

We Have to Win - Wane

Post by josie andrews »

Head Coach Shaun Wane has issued a clear message to the Wigan team and fans ahead of tomorrow's Grand Final with St Helens saying ‘we have to win'.

Speaking ahead of the showpiece game at Old Trafford, the Warriors Head Coach said: "There's no love lost between the two teams. A lot of respect but no love lost, it's a game we have to win. They will be going into the game with the same mind-set. It's going to be a real rough and tough game I hope and hopefully we come out on top.

"It's going to be a sell out, a lot of noise and the atmosphere is going to be the best so we will see how they cope with that pressure."

After losing Sam Tomkins, Pat Richards, Chris Tuson and Lee Mossop at the end of last season, many doubted the Warriors would be there at the ‘business end' of the season. However Wane has done a fine job guiding his young team the Final for the second successive year.

Wane said: "I always thought it would take a bit of time for the Dan Sarginson's and Clubby's to understand what we are really about, the Mango's, the Eddy's, we're still a very young team, the youngest Super League team in the competition. But once they found their feet we hit some decent form midway through the season, we had a bit of a dip as you expect with a young team but in the big games, we've won them and won them well. Against Warrington we were worthy winners, by more than four points in my eyes. I think when it's really mattered, when the pressure has been on we've performed. I'd say Etihad was a great stride forward, the players understood that if we did certain things in that game we could win and that's when the penny dropped."

Michael McIlorum picked up an injury to his cheek last week and had been a doubt. A confident Wane said: "We will take a check on him, he took quite a knock. He's a tough character and he feels more passionately about St Helens than I do. He'll definitely play in this game."

The winner of the game will be crowned Champions and go on to face Michael Maguire's South Sydney Rabbitohs in the World Club Challenge. Wane was unmoved by the prospect of facing his former boss saying: "I don't need any extra incentive, this game is huge for us to win. If we play St Helens in a normal Super League game it's pressure and a game I want to win but when you put that at Old Trafford and the Grand Final and everything else, it makes it a huge game and when we could be playing Souths as well, that would be the dream. It can't get any more intense than playing St Helens, it's going to be special."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... pGxGl3w.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
bendy hendy 5

Re: We Have to Win - Wane

Post by bendy hendy 5 »

"Nock um out! Create f@k!n mayhem......I cant giv you a more free reign than that!"