Flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Flower

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cherry.pie wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Flower should have been sent off ABSOLUTELY but to say Hohaia's wasn't a red and wasn't that bad is incorrect, it was bad and a red card!!
It just wasn't. It was a 'coming together' off the ball. He was looking to instigate a fight but it wasn't anything particularly bad.
Cherry I respect every one of your posts until now, to say it was a coming together is ludicrous, he ran 30 yards, targeted Flower and double forearm smashed him right in his face, off the ball and blindsided, it was a clear a red as Flowers retaliation in my opinion. Forearms/elbows can do as much if not more damage than a punch!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Wandering Warrior wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:The officials were spot on with the decisions they made. Flower absolutely had to go. There's no defending his actions.

He instigated the incident by hitting Hohaia around the head with his arm when chasing the high kick. Hohaia came back looking for some retribution. His 'forearm to the face' was not worthy of a sending off. It wasn't particularly bad. If a Wigan player was sent off for that we'd all be absolutely livid because it just wasn't a particularly bad offence. It was more of a shove than anything else.

Still, it gave Flower enough reason to see it as instigating a fight so he clocked him. That I can understand. The punch while on the ground was disgusting and will see him sat on the sidelines for a few matches.

The entire incident was understandable in a game of rugby, up until the final punch to a player on the ground who couldn't defend himself. You just don't do that.
Flower should have been sent off ABSOLUTELY but to say Hohaia's wasn't a red and wasn't that bad is incorrect, it was bad and a red card!!
We'll never know what would have happened if Flower had not responded, as I've written in a previous post. However tomorrow we will find out what Flower's prospective fate will be and whether Hohia will face any ramifications.
The prattling on about should have been this and that is rather tedious and childish if I'm honest. Look in the paper and move on, nothing is going to change!
Childish? What a ridiculous comment! I thought this was a forum for opinions about past, present and future events? If you can't handle that and it annoys you then I don't think a forum is for you!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

sheepsteeth wrote:Flower is a disgrace nothing else

to defend flower is silly. the first punch was a red the second is a disgrace and a good 8 game ban
I totally agree with you and Dave O's first post on this 'Lemon' What I witnessed was nothing short of a criminal offence. He should be banned from the game Sine Die and got rid of. I was fully expecting a lanslide victory but all that went down the drain in the first minutes of the game. A full season of hard work by all the players and staff wasted in a thuggish impulse.It's just not good enough. I yhought that with our biggest mellon sat in the stands we wouldn't see this kind of play but no- up steps another lemon and we lose the game at the very start of the match. Very proffesional don't you think? :angry:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

devon jim 1 wrote:

to defend flower is silly. the first punch was a red the second is a disgrace and a good 8 game ban
I totally agree with you and Dave O's first post on this 'Lemon' What I witnessed was nothing short of a criminal offence. He should be banned from the game Sine Die and got rid of. I was fully expecting a lanslide victory but all that went down the drain in the first minutes of the game. A full season of hard work by all the players and staff wasted in a thuggish impulse.It's just not good enough. I yhought that with our biggest mellon sat in the stands we wouldn't see this kind of play but no- up steps another lemon and we lose the game at the very start of the match. Very proffesional don't you think? :angry:
Jim you are a knats off my blocking list with the tush about the mellon in the stands.
That mellon is one of the sole reasons Robey is so uninfluencial against Wigan WHEN he does play.
I agree somewhat to your statement about Flower, but to bring another player into this argument is disrespectful to that other player.
Your on a yellow for me on this.
TrueBlueWarrior

devon jim 1 wrote:

Hmmmmm interesting post this Jim, it is VERY VERY similar to posts on REDVEE regarding this topic!! Even used the exact same phrase SINE DIE!! Your hatred for MM is because he bullies Roby every time they play against each other is it not!! Coincidence?

True colours Jim??
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Well I was just gobsmacked, it was bad to hit a man again when he is obviously out cold on the floor,but as Phil Clarke said when you are so fired up you sometimes have a total brain explosion. Flower will be feeling totally crap and I think the incident and the sending off shook the whole team and they seemed badly affected. If it had happened in the 70th minute we may have had a chance but to go for 78 with one man missing was always going to be difficult and to be honest I thought Saints would have got a bigger score line after that but credit to Wigan they somehow kept rallying and I was proud of the team for that.It was a couple of fluffed chances and silly plays that undid them.

I think the whole game was a bad tempered affair which wasn't helped by the referee who let it go on and really when you watched replays closely Masoe was spoiling for trouble from the start,and that seemed to be Saints game plan to niggle at every chance. Am I gutted? of course because it was Saints but hey we will live to fight another day but I agree with another thread that we need a proper goal kicker, the two kicks missed last night were the equivalent of a try.

COME ON WIGAN...GET THAT BLOODY TROPHY BACK OFF THEM LOT!!!I'M NOT SURE HOW MUCH GLOATING I CAN STAND

:devi: :badg:
BriH

Post by BriH »

Flower's offence was to hit a defenceless player while he was on the ground.
If he hadn't done that the chances are the incident (1st) would have been put on report and Wigan might have been awarded a penalty!
Fuel for the "I hate Wigan" brigade e.g. Eddy, to keep reminding everybody.
A get-out-jail card for all the rest who get away with 'thuggery'. Ben Westwood in last years GF for example.
Spoiled what should have been a great spectacle.
But..........as Shaun says "life goes on".
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

It is a coincidence True Blue. I've never been on Red V The only forum I go on is ours(this one)My true colours are cherry and white unlike yours True BLUE WARRIOR(only joking. RE MM, for the avoidance of doubt, I dont 'hate' the lad. I don't know him.I think he is a good player but he does have a side to him that could cost us a game similar to what happened with Flower. He's not done that so far but I fear he has the potential to do so. Thats my only concern with him TBW.That is why I was pleased he was in the stand and not playing because of my latent fears concerning him.I don't want to resurrect our differences re MM I know we both want what's best for our club albeit we show it in different ways.I have a confession to make which I'll share with just you TBW( other posters ignore what I'm about to tell TBW). My Grandfather worked in the mines in St helens and his sister,my great Aunt was the first Lady Mayor of St Helens. and perhaps worst of all he once played football for Wigan Athletic.But make no mistake I'mm Wigan RLFC thro' and thro.
TrueBlueWarrior

devon jim 1 wrote:It is a coincidence True Blue. I've never been on Red V The only forum I go on is ours(this one)My true colours are cherry and white unlike yours True BLUE WARRIOR(only joking. RE MM, for the avoidance of doubt, I dont 'hate' the lad. I don't know him.I think he is a good player but he does have a side to him that could cost us a game similar to what happened with Flower. He's not done that so far but I fear he has the potential to do so. Thats my only concern with him TBW.That is why I was pleased he was in the stand and not playing because of my latent fears concerning him.I don't want to resurrect our differences re MM I know we both want what's best for our club albeit we show it in different ways.I have a confession to make which I'll share with just you TBW( other posters ignore what I'm about to tell TBW). My Grandfather worked in the mines in St helens and his sister,my great Aunt was the first Lady Mayor of St Helens. and perhaps worst of all he once played football for Wigan Athletic.But make no mistake I'mm Wigan RLFC thro' and thro.
I will let you off then Jim!! :wink:
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
devon jim 1 wrote:

Jim you are a knats off my blocking list with the tush about the mellon in the stands.
That mellon is one of the sole reasons Robey is so uninfluencial against Wigan WHEN he does play.
I agree somewhat to your statement about Flower, but to bring another player into this argument is disrespectful to that other player.
Your on a yellow for me on this.
Point taken PM