Hohaia charged with grade b strike with forearm

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wiz

Hohaia charged with grade b strike with forearm

Post by Wiz »

http://www.therfl.co.uk/the-rfl/disciplinary/item?5847

So he's been charged but hang on.....

Grade B strike with forearm. According to the guidelines on the RFL website, the only grade B strikes with the forearm are;

1: The ball carrier (reckless)
2: Dropping on a player

http://media.therfl.co.uk/docs/On%20Fie ... -Final.pdf
(Go to page 7)

I think it's clear to see that he did not have the ball (it was no accident anyway) and he wasn't dropping on Flower.

The only one that fits is grade e / f which is a strike off the ball.

Flower has obviously been charged with a grade F strike.

Looks like the RFL have thrown their own rule book out of the window

Any thoughts???
cpwigan

Re: Hohaia charged with grade b strike with forearm

Post by cpwigan »

Wiz wrote:So he's been charged but hang on.....

Grade B strike with forearm. According to the guidelines on the RFL website, the only grade B strikes with the forearm are;

1: The ball carrier (reckless)
2: Dropping on a player

I think it's clear to see that he did not have the ball (it was no accident anyway) and he wasn't dropping on Flower.

The only one that fits is grade e / f which is a strike off the ball.

Flower has obviously been charged with a grade F strike.

Looks like the RFL have thrown their own rule book out of the window

Any thoughts???
The RFL suits itself and the sport is so limp wristed they are never held to account. A decent lawyer would destroy the RFL.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Now that doesn't seem to fit with the published rules. Unfortunately they probably reckon they can't be seen to be punishing LH to much because of the media coverage that pretty much ignores the first incident.

We can't complain in public either.

Grade B maybe political justification of a single red too.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
GBH

Post by GBH »

We should put complaints in to the RFL and use twitter and facebook to point out the mistake and inconstancy in applying there own rules
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Can someone put together a compilation of grade B and grade E offenses involving the forearm - then we can present it to the RFL on behalf of the club to demonstrate the outrageous inconsistency here.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
🏆🏆🏆🏆
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

EGP - 1 game!!

If what he did warrants a 1 game ban then this game has gone!!

Please do not say it is fair enough because of Flowers reaction because that is irrelevant!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Does he have a South African defence Lawyer or is the RFL just as corrupt as the SA justice system.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wikimann

Post by Wikimann »

Greetings everyone from the tropical western offshore tax haven that is the Isle of Man. I'm a regular visitor to watch gods beloved Wigan (1985 was my first outing to CP) & routinely fly over or make the regular ferry run each season. I'm known by plenty of chaps around town,some maybe on here. Ive been monitoring the various topics for some time but not bothered posting until now,but my blood has finally boiled over at this point however! i spent all night travelling home after the final on saturday fielding txts from friends & family who were seriously aggrieved at the seemingly one sided coverage of what happened . Ive looked back several times since saturday at the replay & gone over my collection of recorded matches to check similar ground shaking events. From Origin mass brawls in Oz to ARL/NRL routine tear ups in the 80s/90s & the infamous Mozza wipe out at the DW (i was sat having horrible dejavu behind the sticks saturday!),which cost us a kangaroo tour scalp despite GB holding out admirably against messrs Lockyear & co on that occasion. As a lifelong Man Utd fan & Wigan RLFC since 85' I'm bred into the fact everyone hates you & has it in for you,but who cares that comes with being the best & the jealousy it inevitably creates. What pisses me off most (other than some of the apologists within Wigans own fans looking to appease at every turn!) is the gross ineptitude of the powers that be & none more so than the moronic leadership of the RFL. Ive organised many mini bus trips of lads from the island,who often aren't familiar with RL,to watch Wigan & GB matches down the years. Most can't help but comment on the usually farcical lack of professional leadership in RL at every level,something completely at odds with the totally professional level of the world class athletes who do battle on the field. Ive just watched on sky sports as the news broke of the 1 match ban "accepted" by Lance hoo-aru or whatever his name is & couldn't contain myself any longer. Farcical in the extreme & it won't happen but surely if the Wigan leadership had anything about them they would be screaming WTF! from the DW roof,instead of all this apologising left right & centre to any muppet with a microphone over the demon Flower. Can you image Sir Alex doing the big song & dance apology regardless of Roy Keane trying to break Haaland in half or king Eric drop kicking an obnoxious racist lout for giving him a broadside? No chance!! Ben lost it big time as many have when provoked & make no mistake he was provoked so stop apologising. I don't know anyone personally who wouldn't have sparked that little **** Hoo-aru for an elbow to the face. The follow up was totally out of order on the ground & a fitting (not OTT punishment) is just. Sadly the media frenzy & the RFL creepy crawlies at Red Hall will likely want way more than a pound of reasonable meat. This is an insular,parochial,small time,ineffective outfit who ruin a fantastic product on the field. The same loony tunes who routinely ran scared of the touring aussies,even down to letting them pick who would referee games just in case they lost. Never binning or marching the numerous kangaroo offenders trying to smash GB lads but feeling compelled to red Moz instantly when he did something similar,I've lost count down the years tbh. I lost faith ages ago in the tin pot outfit running the game & watching Westwood last year & Wood a couple of weeks ago just bogs me off even more on Ben's behalf. He will get creamed for this and sadly no one has the stones to stand up & say publicly "you lot at RFL HQ are a joke" a bunch of nanny panderers not fit to hold position,but nothing has been any different for the whole time I've ever watched the game!
TrueBlueWarrior

Wikimann wrote:Greetings everyone from the tropical western offshore tax haven that is the Isle of Man. I'm a regular visitor to watch gods beloved Wigan (1985 was my first outing to CP) & routinely fly over or make the regular ferry run each season. I'm known by plenty of chaps around town,some maybe on here. Ive been monitoring the various topics for some time but not bothered posting until now,but my blood has finally boiled over at this point however! i spent all night travelling home after the final on saturday fielding txts from friends & family who were seriously aggrieved at the seemingly one sided coverage of what happened . Ive looked back several times since saturday at the replay & gone over my collection of recorded matches to check similar ground shaking events. From Origin mass brawls in Oz to ARL/NRL routine tear ups in the 80s/90s & the infamous Mozza wipe out at the DW (i was sat having horrible dejavu behind the sticks saturday!),which cost us a kangaroo tour scalp despite GB holding out admirably against messrs Lockyear & co on that occasion. As a lifelong Man Utd fan & Wigan RLFC since 85' I'm bred into the fact everyone hates you & has it in for you,but who cares that comes with being the best & the jealousy it inevitably creates. What pisses me off most (other than some of the apologists within Wigans own fans looking to appease at every turn!) is the gross ineptitude of the powers that be & none more so than the moronic leadership of the RFL. Ive organised many mini bus trips of lads from the island,who often aren't familiar with RL,to watch Wigan & GB matches down the years. Most can't help but comment on the usually farcical lack of professional leadership in RL at every level,something completely at odds with the totally professional level of the world class athletes who do battle on the field. Ive just watched on sky sports as the news broke of the 1 match ban "accepted" by Lance hoo-aru or whatever his name is & couldn't contain myself any longer. Farcical in the extreme & it won't happen but surely if the Wigan leadership had anything about them they would be screaming WTF! from the DW roof,instead of all this apologising left right & centre to any muppet with a microphone over the demon Flower. Can you image Sir Alex doing the big song & dance apology regardless of Roy Keane trying to break Haaland in half or king Eric drop kicking an obnoxious racist lout for giving him a broadside? No chance!! Ben lost it big time as many have when provoked & make no mistake he was provoked so stop apologising. I don't know anyone personally who wouldn't have sparked that little **** Hoo-aru for an elbow to the face. The follow up was totally out of order on the ground & a fitting (not OTT punishment) is just. Sadly the media frenzy & the RFL creepy crawlies at Red Hall will likely want way more than a pound of reasonable meat. This is an insular,parochial,small time,ineffective outfit who ruin a fantastic product on the field. The same loony tunes who routinely ran scared of the touring aussies,even down to letting them pick who would referee games just in case they lost. Never binning or marching the numerous kangaroo offenders trying to smash GB lads but feeling compelled to red Moz instantly when he did something similar,I've lost count down the years tbh. I lost faith ages ago in the tin pot outfit running the game & watching Westwood last year & Wood a couple of weeks ago just bogs me off even more on Ben's behalf. He will get creamed for this and sadly no one has the stones to stand up & say publicly "you lot at RFL HQ are a joke" a bunch of nanny panderers not fit to hold position,but nothing has been any different for the whole time I've ever watched the game!
Welcome Wiki and fantastic post!! :D
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Well, just about nailed it there.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield