Re: not enough competitions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiganrldeanh

Re: not enough competition...

Post by wiganrldeanh »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
standishcat posted:
I would love to see more competitions, more opportunity for me to go watch Wigan! I'm a working girl now so the money's kind-of "rolling" in...

But dya not think more competitions might send the players into burn out? Or worsen their injuries? :conf: Just a cynical thought. :D I know a lot of people on this board don't like football, but I do, so I'll throw it in. For the average team, they play FA Cup, Carling Cup, plus the league. That's manageable. My team, Man U, (plus Arsenal, Chelsea, Everton and Liverpool and a few others) will play 4 competitions because of Europe. Players get very exhausted by December. Now I think rugby players work a hell of a lot harder than footie players, so I'd just be concerned about fitness levels.

Sorry for the rambling. :blush:
it's not rambling love, its voicing your opinion thouroughly, and yeah it could lead to burn out but heres where the old competitions were great, younger players got to play in the earlier rounds of the cups, giving them vital experience so that they weren't just thrust into the league
such a ladies man :wink:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

willie c posted:
fair comment just hope they dont sell the better ones ie luke robinson
There's a few threads on here, but it is said that Luke Robinson effectively signed his own release from Wigan through falling out with the management and team mates. People continue to blame the club for him going, but he's perhaps not exactly an innocent party in all of this and I can certainly understand them wanting rid of a disruptive influence if what's been said is true.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
standishcat

Post by standishcat »

Hey, gentlemanly manners are definitely underrated in this day and age! :roll:
younger players got to play in the earlier rounds of the cups

I can see how this would benefit our youngsters. I'd just be a bit worried bout the fitness levels of our first team lads. Still though, I'd love to go to even more games.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

standishcat posted:
younger players got to play in the earlier rounds of the cups

I can see how this would benefit our youngsters. I'd just be a bit worried bout the fitness levels of our first team lads. Still though, I'd love to go to even more games.
i cant really.IMO if youngaters play in the earlier rounds against the "less abled teams" then it wont do them much goos as it will be a shock when they enter superleague.
wiganrldeanh

Post by wiganrldeanh »

The_Bad_Guy posted:
wiganrldeanh posted:
standishcat posted:

agreed they would be playin lesser teams, but it would be a step up from the games that they are used to, and there would be some older players in the squad too, which would allow them to play alongside some of the older players in a gameday situation

i cant really.IMO if youngaters play in the earlier rounds against the "less abled teams" then it wont do them much goos as it will be a shock when they enter superleague.
true yes (when i managed to find what you said lol.)

and i suppose its just another piece of silverware that all the teams have a chance to get.