The Disciplinary Panel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: The Disciplinary Panel

Post by cpwigan »

If the RFL get it right, appeals should be virtually non existent. Sadly, it will never happen because the disciplinary process from the moment players walk out onto the pitch is flawed. Is something is 'crap' no matter how you dress it up, it remains crap!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

What, specifically, is wrong with the grading guidlines.

It seems to me your major problem is the way they are applied. Not the guidlines and process itself.

You use terms like 'agreed beforehand' which imply corruption and lack of accountability but you don't think measures to control and reveal that are a priority. You'd rather rewrite rules that you believe are being ignored. I don't personally believe that is the first thing to look at in this situation.

Apeals will always happen. They do in the courts. People have different experiences of the same events and that will produce very different expectations of disciplinary outcomes. That will always happen, but every decision should be clearly justified and supported by similar incidents with consistent outcomes.

TBH there probably isn't the time or the money in the game to do this perfectly but pressure needs to be applied to continuously improve.

I'd probably get the HKR chairman to lead this because he clearly has issues with the system. We have no credibility right now, but we can support and lead at a later point.

If I were you, I'd be more annoyed that we weren't complaining throughout the season when we had no particular issues with the panel (apart from seemingly many more citings than our opponents). Constant pressure to improve systems is something the club could have been applying in public when we were not under the microscope.

BtW I still don't understand why you think the club sold BF down the river. You andTBW in particular seem to now be saying we shouldn't have been complaining in public. And that his ban is about 4 games too long. Hardly a club, season and career shattering difference. So what did we do to sell him down the river?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Mike, I will say it again, you don't have to complain in public to put up a defence or argue a point that you don't agree with!

It seemed with the apology from Flower and the comments from Wane, Radlinski and IL that we were going to accept anything the RFL threw at Flower including Jail irrelevant of any mitigating factors, that is selling him down the river.

The absolute bottom line in all this is the ban that Flower got was to harsh and the ban LH got was far to lenient. Why was this just accepted? Who knows!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Mike wrote:What, specifically, is wrong with the grading guidlines.

It seems to me your major problem is the way they are applied. Not the guidlines and process itself.

You use terms like 'agreed beforehand' which imply corruption and lack of accountability but you don't think measures to control and reveal that are a priority. You'd rather rewrite rules that you believe are being ignored. I don't personally believe that is the first thing to look at in this situation.

Apeals will always happen. They do in the courts. People have different experiences of the same events and that will produce very different expectations of disciplinary outcomes. That will always happen, but every decision should be clearly justified and supported by similar incidents with consistent outcomes.

TBH there probably isn't the time or the money in the game to do this perfectly but pressure needs to be applied to continuously improve.

I'd probably get the HKR chairman to lead this because he clearly has issues with the system. We have no credibility right now, but we can support and lead at a later point.

If I were you, I'd be more annoyed that we weren't complaining throughout the season when we had no particular issues with the panel (apart from seemingly many more citings than our opponents). Constant pressure to improve systems is something the club could have been applying in public when we were not under the microscope.

BtW I still don't understand why you think the club sold BF down the river. You andTBW in particular seem to now be saying we shouldn't have been complaining in public. And that his ban is about 4 games too long. Hardly a club, season and career shattering difference. So what did we do to sell him down the river?
Mike, safe your breath as some on here have no intention of listening to common sense!
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

I'd have thought that way that they are applied is part of the process itself.
TrueBlueWarrior

Whelley Warrior wrote:

Mike, safe your breath as some on here have no intention of listening to common sense!
Would prefer to not listen to it then not have any!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

The booze hound wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:

I'd have thought that way that they are applied is part of the process itself.
Hallelujah!!
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Been posted on here before but what would the panel give for this .
If you think Flowers punch was bad have a look at this

[/url]http://youtu.be/9pmCb5HtiVU[url]

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jaws1 wrote:Been posted on here before but what would the panel give for this .
If you think Flowers punch was bad have a look at this

[youtube]http://youtu.be/9pmCb5HtiVU[/youtube]

He only got 14 weeks reduced to 10
Fixed the link jaws :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
doc

Post by doc »

Surely the way forward would be for the match review panel to cite the players and the disciplinary committee to decide the grade of offence and hence the ban.