Hampshire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Owd Codger

Re: Hampshire

Post by Owd Codger »

butt monkey wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: Never said that Charnley would replace Bowen and judging by the lack of comment from other posters, it would appear that they understood
Whelley Warrior wrote:If true, it will be no different than Charnley a couple of seasons ago, who also was allowed to go on loan in order to get more first team game time to take over from Bowen
Slightly edited your post to remove the superfluous stuff but you DO say Charnley to replace Bowen. Please check what you type before posting if you don't like being "pulled" for it

You are indeed right as it does look like I meant Charnley to replace Bowen, but at the same time I suspect that most others knew what I was on about.

Must be hard for some, though!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I understood what you meant WW
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:I understood what you meant WW
Me too
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wandering Warrior wrote:You can interpret Whelley's comment two ways. TBH I could understand what was said because Bowen wasn't on the scene when Charnley was at HKR, but then again I don't have a user name that may point to an arsey agenda!
My user name has NOTHING to do with what is posted. May I surmise that you are a lonely old tramp with no home from yours? No?!

Well stop with the accusations and face the fact your alt account was in such a rush to post, that sense and facts got in the way. Now I agree that you could decipher what he intended to write BUT that is not the point. Are we supposed to do the same with menpond as well as WW now? (and I hope this answers you cp and Josie)

If so, this site will become nothing more than pseudo-word games for the intellectually challenged :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

butt monkey wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:You can interpret Whelley's comment two ways. TBH I could understand what was said because Bowen wasn't on the scene when Charnley was at HKR, but then again I don't have a user name that may point to an arsey agenda!
My user name has NOTHING to do with what is posted. May I surmise that you are a lonely old tramp with no home from yours? No?!

Well stop with the accusations and face the fact your alt account was in such a rush to post, that sense and facts got in the way. Now I agree that you could decipher what he intended to write BUT that is not the point. Are we supposed to do the same with menpond as well as WW now? (and I hope this answers you cp and Josie)

If so, this site will become nothing more than pseudo-word games for the intellectually challenged :roll:
Oh dear, hot flushes again? :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
menpond

Post by menpond »

If you have anything to say to me, get on with it.
mp
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

menpond wrote:If you have anything to say to me, get on with it.
That is the first post I have ever understood of yours!! :lol: :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Thank You, cpwigan, Josie and indeed all others who understood what I was saying in regard to the problem of any club no longer having open age 'A' teams or a limited number of over aged players in a Under 21's team in order for 'future' first team players to get more experience and game time.

Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Getting this back on topic, I'm not sure if loaning out Hampshire would be the best idea. Surely with Bowen in his last year with the club it would be best to keep hold of him and start to blood him in the first team?

When Charnley went to HKR on loan we had plenty of cover on the wings so it was unlikely he'd get his chance, whereas I think it's highly likely that Bowen will need to be rested at some point next season and, apart from Hampshire, there's really no one to cover (over than maybe Sarginson or Tierney at a push).

Plus we still don't know whether or not Powell will excel at stand-off (presuming he's given that role of course) so he may be needed there.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

This site is turning into a bloody pissing contest lately ..... It puts people off reading posts :angry:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing