Bring on the 3rd April

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
menpond

Re: Bring on the 3rd April

Post by menpond »

Hang on. Posters say theirs parents wanted them out of the mines, and proud to progress to better things. So why is it wrong to close the mines? ie they are alright for the weak, but not for us. Sounds schizophrenic.
mp
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

menpond wrote:Hang on. Posters say theirs parents wanted them out of the mines, and proud to progress to better things. So why is it wrong to close the mines? ie they are alright for the weak, but not for us. Sounds schizophrenic.
Menpond, is this really you questionning other people's consistency and logic??? That many parents/grandparents advised kids not to work down the pit is a historical fact, whether they were right or not, whether we took any notice of them or not. Recalling this doesn't prevent someone having a view on what Thatch did and how she went about it. What exactly did they teach you at this university you went to?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Can we get this thread back on track or I will have to move it to Off Topic!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

josie andrews wrote:Can we get this thread back on track or I will have to move it to Off Topic!

so what will the crowd be on the 3rd of April - full house or not
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

josie andrews wrote:Can we get this thread back on track or I will have to move it to Off Topic!
sadly nearly all threads are derailed by the ramblings of menpond, im all for people having freedom to say what they like but on topic.

I still havent worked out whether he is a troll or not but you can ask a question about wigan and menpond is more than likely going to tell you about a player from the 1960's who owned a sheep that played poker with a spaceman
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Full house with the spite / venom akin to when we signed Adrian Shelford from under Saints noses.

One worry re the RFL is they lack a John Holdsworth referee.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

morley pie eater wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I have no idea which is valid but I was brought up with the humble pie strike version.
... and it may be right, cp. I'm def not looking for an argument, or trying to prove anybody "wrong" here. I just have a strong suspicion that a story started by our "enemies" has become commonly accepted when it isn't/may not be true.

In my childhood (1950s) my grandad, a pitmon from Hindley, called it "Meyt and Prater Pie" whilst my step-grandmother, with Leigh roots, always gave us "Lobbies". If he'd eaten when we went to their house, he's say "Sit thee deawn, ah'll do beawt wi thee!", a bit like the bloke with an empty glass being asked "Ar't suppin beawt?" :)
I've often wondered how that brilliant twang came about..priceless :)
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

well lads and lassies , tha sees tits like this

ont 3rd april next yeer them stains wilt be getin ther cum up ants
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White