faz wouldnt say good bye

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

faz wouldnt say good bye

Post by mike binder »

he wouldnt go out on the pitch to say good bye ,as he thought to many people would think he let us down,sorry faz but i think you wereoutstanding 4 us and know you wanted to try something else .im sure we would of all wished you good luck and thanked you 4 some great years (well all miss you) :blush:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
damien morrissey

Re: faz wouldnt say good bye

Post by damien morrissey »

The sad thing is that unfortunatly sme idiots would boo but the majority of us would give him the positive response he deserves.
mike binder

Re: faz wouldnt say good b...

Post by mike binder »

thats what ml said at the meeting :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Hopefully Faz knows how well he's thought of. He's a humble man in many respects, he contributed a great deal financially to junior rugby but always asked for no publicity and even at the very end he was holding coaching clinics with the service area youngsters
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

pie eaters posted:
its an absolute disgrace that the player whos is one of the best would get booes.
Perhaps he felt that people might be unhappy with him ditching Wigan 2 years early from his expensive contract and leaving at a time when it would not be possible to get a replacement player, which has certainly contributed to the disaster which was this season.

As a player I had the utmost respect for him and considered him one of the best, but the way he left was very messy and not handled in a way which helped Wigan at all.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Fraggle yes your right it was messy,ill timed and poorly communicated to the fans, he was rightly the most expensive league player but once he decided to go with the short life span of a rugby player he had to protect himself against injuries before the move. It isnt what any of us wanted to see but the years of service he has given the club i think he was owed that.
I for one would like the opportunity to say thanks
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Well, looks like Faz has already achieved one goal, without playing a single game for the rah-rahs!

From BBC Sport http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 132108.stm
BBC Sport wrote:

Rugby league convert Andy Farrell has been named in England's elite players squad for the new rugby union season.
The former Great Britain captain, 30, joined Saracens from Wigan in March.

He is one of 61 players named in the squad by the Rugby Football Union, with 45 forming the senior squad and 16 making up the Senior National Academy.

England head coach Andy Robinson said: "These 61 players will form the backbone of our England hopes and aspirations for the coming season."

Farrell, who has yet to make his debut in the 15-man code, is joined by five fellow elite squad newcomers in Perpignan prop Perry Freshwater, Wasps wing Paul Sackey, Gloucester scrum-half Peter Richards and Bath front-row forwards Lee Mears and Duncan Bell.

Ten other players - Andy Beattie, Matt Stevens, Olly Barkley, Louis Deacon, Ollie Smith, James Forrester, Tom Palmer, Tom Voyce, Chris Jones and Andrew Sheridan - have been promoted from last season's senior academy squad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior elite players squad
S Abbott (Wasps), I Balshaw (Leeds), O Barkley (Bath), A Beattie (Bath), D Bell (Bath), S Borthwick (Bath), G Chuter (Leicester), B Cohen (Northampton), M Corry (Leicester), M Cueto (Sale Sharks), M Dawson (Wasps), L Deacon (Leicester), H Ellis (Leicester), A Farrell (Saracens), J Forrester (Gloucester), P Freshwater (Perpignan), A Gomarsall (Worcester), W Greenwood (Harlequins), D Grewcock (Bath), A Hazell (Gloucester), C Hodgson (Sale Sharks), C Jones (Sale Sharks), B Kay (Leicester), J Lewsey (Wasps), L Mears (Bath), L Moody (Leicester), J Noon (Newcastle), T Palmer (Leeds), P Richards (Gloucester), J Robinson (Sale Sharks), G Rowntree (Leicester), P Sackey (Wasps), S Shaw (Wasps), A Sheridan (Sale Sharks), J Simpson-Daniel (Gloucester), O Smith (Leicester), M Stevens (Bath), S Thompson (Northampton), M Tindall (Gloucester), A Titterrell (Sale Sharks), P Vickery (Gloucester), T Voyce (Wasps), J White (Leicester), J Wilkinson (Newcastle), J Worsley (Wasps).

National Academy squad
A Allen (Gloucester), C Bell (Leeds), C Brooker (Bath), J Crane (Leeds), R Davis (Bath), B Foden (Sale Sharks), S Geraghty (London Irish), D Hartley (Northampton), R Hawkins (Bath), S Hooper (Leeds), M Lund (Sale Sharks), O Morgan (Gloucester), T Rees (Wasps), D Seymour (Saracens), M Tait (Newcastle), D Wilson (Newcastle).
I fail to see how you can be considered amongst the best in the land at a sport when you've never played. I hope Farrell shows the rah-rahs up and makes them realise that RL players are not 2nd class, but I'm not sure if breaking through so early is the way to do it?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
SiY

Post by SiY »

I'd love to see him crash over the RU try line and whip off his union shirt to show he is wearing a Wigan rugby shirt underneith! Hehe specially in an international game. Do you recon if he did that he would get punished from RU? (Not that he would just out of interest?)
Champions

Post by Champions »

SiY posted:
I'd love to see him crash over the RU try line and whip off his union shirt to show he is wearing a Wigan rugby shirt underneith! Hehe specially in an international game. Do you recon if he did that he would get punished from RU? (Not that he would just out of interest?)
That would be cool to see! And for all the fans that may have booed him....how can they? I know Faz left in a bad way, but he did so much for the club. Playing with a broken nose sums up how loyal he was.....and the delight that was shown on his face after winning the cc, and all other matches, just shows he is a true Wiganer and always will be. Faz's blood runs purely cherry and white :exc:
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Champions posted:
SiY posted:
That would be cool to see! And for all the fans that may have booed him....how can they? I know Faz left in a bad way, but he did so much for the club. Playing with a broken nose sums up how loyal he was.....and the delight that was shown on his face after winning the cc, and all other matches, just shows he is a true Wiganer and always will be. Faz's blood runs purely cherry and white :exc:
Not quiet as cherry and white as Rads though eh?
I wouldn't have booed him but you can't say he had Wigan Rugby Leagues best interest at heart when he decided to leave, I'm not saying he was wrong to go but how can you say he's loyal and cherry and white through and through when he left us in the way he did as already mentioned by Fraggle?

Radlinski is a good example of a loyal,cherry and white blooded lad, Faz should have stuck out the contract or not signed it at all.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!