Taulima Tautai and Larne Patrick

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Taulima Tautai and Larne Patrick

Post by cpwigan »

I was gutted when Taylor went pear shaped as I think he has international potential BUT

Taulima Tautai and Larne Patrick IMO will make our team even better and possibly be two of our best bit of business in recent seasons.

the winky one

Re: Taulima Tautai and Larne Patrick

Post by the winky one »

cpwigan wrote:I was gutted when Taylor went pear shaped as I think he has international potential BUT

Taulima Tautai and Larne Patrick IMO will make our team even better and possibly be two of our best bit of business in recent seasons.

Well said.. :eusa2:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Last year's signings of Sarginson, Clubb and Bateman have done very well.
If Tautai and Patrick do as well as those lads then they will be two cracking players.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

We are going to need a dominant pack to allow our young backs room to play. Williams and Hampshire would thrive as they both like to take the defence on.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Part of the reason I am so impressed by these two players is there ability to threaten to break the line, particularly coming back on an angle. By threatening back inside they will both hold inside opposition defenders up which should give more time and space out wide. Both maximise Wane ball which is not my preferred form of RL but these two enhance that philosophy whilst looking to offer size and good defence.

I see Tautai, Patrick, Crosby, Flower after suspension as the props in the XVII. Pettybourne or Clubb to fill in for Flower or any of the other 3 not cutting the mustard. So that is 6 props before you even mention Lever and Sutton.

I see no future for Dudson personally.
menpond

Post by menpond »

CP Do you have any idea what has gone wrong with Dudson/ Early in his first season ,he was acclaimed as our best prop. A dangerous deliberate ankle tackle at Les Cats put him out, and since then he never seems to have developed. We badly missed a proper 4th prop in the GR. Pettybourne is not a player who should be in a Wigan first up 17.
mp
joeb

Post by joeb »

Don't forget mossop :sly:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The biggest issue with Sutton is the Sydney Roosters have been waving the cash at him big time.
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

It does make me giggle how peoples view changes. it was only a month or so ago when people were spouting how terrible wane and the management were, how they couldn't sign any decent players, how the team had gone to the dogs, and yet here we are! As I said then, players come and go. We re-build our team and move on :-)
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

PaulC wrote:It does make me giggle how peoples view changes. it was only a month or so ago when people were spouting how terrible wane and the management were, how they couldn't sign any decent players, how the team had gone to the dogs, and yet here we are! As I said then, players come and go. We re-build our team and move on :-)
I am not sure anybody held that view but why should their views not be dynamic. To have fixed views / opinions is nonsensical IMO. Patrick is what a week old so why should that not have a positive impact. Likewise Sarge doing so we v Aus is a week old so again why should that not have a positive impact.

Wigan fans care deeply about their club. It matters and expectations are huge. Far greater than elsewhere. Hence why Wigan RLFC is the most successful RL club in the sport.