Gasnier

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
superleague

Re: Gasnier

Post by superleague »

the problem with vaeliki is that hes always nackered
HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

In my humble and by no means correct or superior opinion ( :) ):

1) DV has got skills, but lacks the consistent fitness and desire that Gasnier and Lyon have to be the best - if he doesnt want it he wont be it - IMO. (look at old NZ test games for proof - was Very quality in these games more often than not)

2) if we are being hypothetical and indulging ourselves here, Gasnier at Wigan would be a sensation. He has a complete game for a centre, IMO, and would give Lyon one hell of a battle.

3) Gasnier does stand out quite well because he has a superb team mate in the other centre Matt Cooper: these two are, IMO, recognised as the best centre club partnership in the world. They complement each other.

4) Gasnier is a kind and quality bloke: http://www.nrl.com/myclub/news.cfm?ID=12335&TeamID=13

Better role model than thugs we've been linked to signing - cough *Price* cough, cough (IMO :D )

Just an opinon all of that obviously - subjective, not being smart and you are all most welcome to disagree.

Love you all...
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.
Vambo

Post by Vambo »

Gasnier would have been an awesome signing.
Have seen him play quite a few times on Sky and he impresses me more and more with each game that I see.
I will stain your affection, I will wear out your heart
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Good well balanced post.
You shouldnt be tentative when good comments like that.
damien morrissey

Wasnt online when we chased Gasnier and still dont know why he choose to stay in Aus any info on the subject to enlighten me would be appreciated.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Schalk Brits... posted:
Heard on the grapevine that DV is on 180k 2nd on the payroll behind Radlinski.What sort of money must Gasnier have turned down???
I've heard rumours to that effect too. What a waste of money. I think that comes from Lindsay wasting loads of time trying to sign Gasnier then rushing in for Vaealiki when Saints were close to signing him so he doubled the wages he was on at Para. Should have let Saints have him.
El Rifle

Post by El Rifle »

Gasnier had agreed to come to Wigan and then the NRL came together and basically said this guy is too good to leave Australia, we have to keep him here. Not sure what they gave him, but they changed his mind.
Also I think he shades Lyon because he has this incredible confidence about him. Watching him link up with Trent Barrett was a joy on friday night.
chris, Yes i agree its a centres job to create for his winger - but i do think it is amazing what a world class centre can do. It literally makes the wingers job a walk in the park to get himself on the scoresheet. Generally you need good finishers outside your centre, Dallas etc, but Gasnier sets up his winger so he has a clear run to the line no-one there to tackle him.....now if you can do that in every other game.....
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Both fantastic players but I would probably say Gasnier shades it. He is able to do what Lyon can in terms of attack but he is more adept at feeding his winger. That pass from the back 2 or 3 would be tacklers out of the back of his hands was sublime to Best. Most very good centres can throw the backhander only in front of the tackler. Gidley, Lyon and Vaelekki etc.
damien morrissey

Oh my God them two Barret and Gasnier lose Moran and this is going to kill me to post but Dallas the best player for us this season but with one year left and the choice of these two it would almost be worth it. Well back to reality now