England v Kiwis Spoiler

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: England v Kiwis Spoiler

Post by josie andrews »

Hard lines England, best game of the tournament so far :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

best england team ive seen ever finally we had go forward and looked dangerous on the edge. we were let down by goal kicking and thats all, we matched the two best teams in the world try for try. dissapointed but very very pleased with the games.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Final score Kiwis 16 England 14
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

Bloody good performance and team to be fair. 2 kicks was the difference - we did pretty much everything else right (ok so the odd mistake!)
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Never been a big fan of James Graham but if half the players had the passion that he shows we would be world beaters. I know people have been calling for Elliot Whitehead but on this evidence he produced nothing to show me why he should be included. Clarke as got to be an eighty minute player for me he's such an exciting player when on the field.I'm gutted with the result but see vast improvements with this team. I would change Watkins he's not strong enough in defence.Just hope Samoa prove everybody wrong and stuff the Aussies.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Mike wrote:Losers again. Same old story, nothing changes.
I'm gutted but not as down as in other tournaments.

We was robbed v the Aussies and a bit more creativity would have won today.

If Roby and maybe MM were available, think we would have won both games.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

southern warrrior wrote:best england team ive seen ever finally we had go forward and looked dangerous on the edge. we were let down by goal kicking and thats all, we matched the two best teams in the world try for try. dissapointed but very very pleased with the games.
I don't know about that. We used to *beat* the aussies 1 out of 3 and beat the NZers 2 out of 3. Now we scrape losses whilst looking good and making small but crucial mistakes. It Ferris traps the ball with his foot and passes we win. He didn't do it did he.

How long do we have to wait before a good team can play well enough to win?

When's even is the next time we get to play - the internation calender stil hasn't been agreed i think.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

KOOCH wrote:Never been a big fan of James Graham but if half the players had the passion that he shows we would be world beaters. I know people have been calling for Elliot Whitehead but on this evidence he produced nothing to show me why he should be included. Clarke as got to be an eighty minute player for me he's such an exciting player when on the field.I'm gutted with the result but see vast improvements with this team. I would change Watkins he's not strong enough in defence.Just hope Samoa prove everybody wrong and stuff the Aussies.
Completely agree, Whitehead offered nothing that Joel doesn't give.

This is going to be a great young England team, the debutants played excellent IMO
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:

Thought Clarke had an excellent game IMO
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

jobo wrote:

Roby is in the past. MM is not creative.

There are reasons to be positive. We are genuinely competitive without playing above our level now - in the past we won one game from three by sheer desire but could never match the Aussies day in, day out. All the more reason to be annoyed, its another missed opportunity. Not as bad as the WC, but we still have to wait at least another year for another shot.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐