Mossop heading back to Wigan Warriors/ // Wigan Warriors Re-Sign Lee Mossop

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Mossop heading back to Wigan Warriors

Post by cpwigan »

Perhaps there will be some props leaving ?

We probably have the right balance of backs provuded we do not suffer long term injuries.
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I cant believe the club are going to take him back with his injury record.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Presumably because when he was here, he was excellent Dobby.

Hopefully, the club will reassure fans as they will obviously have far more detailed medical information with regard to something that naturally and understandably concerns fans.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:Presumably because when he was here, he was excellent Dobby.
He wasn't that good, when he wasn't injured
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Would need to know more about the deal to know if it was a good or bad move.

A pay for play contract or low initial with rising per appearence would be a good move, when fit he is a very good prop

anything other than that is a huge risk on someone who has real injury problems and when you look at players who are injury prone, they dont tend to get better, wheeler and prescott are 2 who spring to mind, i dont know any player who has had 2 years of injury issues come out and go on a good run.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

medlocke wrote:
We will beg to differ Meds
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

cpwigan wrote:
medlocke wrote:
We will beg to differ Meds
i would say he was very good when on form, but he was far from excellent
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

KOOCH wrote:I have read with interest the thoughts and opinions of others.Now here is my penny's worth for all that that matters. We can only speculate on just how severe a problem Lee's shoulder is and thats the point.Pure speculation! The club are not stupid when assessing a players injury problems and I don't think they would take a gamble on making Lee a Wigan player unless they where sure he would make a full recovery. I would far sooner that we had faith in the medical staff than see him as it was thought a possible target for Leeds.Who then could at some later stage return to haunt us.If the club is willing to take up the option of first refusal then who are we to doubt the clubs inside knowledge.And the knowledge we do not have at hand. :D
I'm of the same opinion kooch can't believe clubs of Leeds and Wigans standing have not looked into his injury and they have a better understanding of his fitness.Wigan obviously don't want leeds to have him for some reason.
bendy hendy 5

Post by bendy hendy 5 »

Nothing is official as yet, and if it does turn out to be correct you dont honestly believe wigan would take such a risk do you? C'mon lets be sensible folks, it would be like k&m taxis buying a car with bust head gasket, hoping they would get at least 1 airport run out of it b4 it had to be scrapped! Lol. IF true then that shoulder would have been vigerously tested. And by all accounts, he passed a full fitness test at Leeds as well.
bendy hendy 5

Post by bendy hendy 5 »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
KOOCH wrote:I have read with interest the thoughts and opinions of others.Now here is my penny's worth for all that that matters. We can only speculate on just how severe a problem Lee's shoulder is and thats the point.Pure speculation! The club are not stupid when assessing a players injury problems and I don't think they would take a gamble on making Lee a Wigan player unless they where sure he would make a full recovery. I would far sooner that we had faith in the medical staff than see him as it was thought a possible target for Leeds.Who then could at some later stage return to haunt us.If the club is willing to take up the option of first refusal then who are we to doubt the clubs inside knowledge.And the knowledge we do not have at hand. :D
I'm of the same opinion kooch can't believe clubs of Leeds and Wigans standing have not looked into his injury and they have a better understanding of his fitness.Wigan obviously don't want leeds to have him for some reason.
Apparentlly leeds made a better offer, but he chose Wigan. Thats the kind of bloke I want in a cherry and white shirt