CONVICTED RAPIST

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
medlocke

Re: CONVICTED RAPIST

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Very difficult case and if he is unable to get a job, what is the alternative for him. A life on benefits off the state at the expense of tax payers or drift into a life of other crimes.

And it should also be remembered that there are others in football who have got away with the same offence.
Maybe you could find him a job, you seem to be concerned about, whether he is guilty or not is something only him and the victim know, as far as the law is concerned he is guilty therefore in my eyes he is scumbag piece of shite who doesn't deserve any rights, if he wants to work then let him be a bin man, he should be used to being around garbage
....and OJ Simpson was innocent!! :wink:
I don't really care, if he wasn't a footballer and just some gadjee of the street, all and sundry would be calling him a vile sex pest, why should he be any different, it's not like he's knicked somebodys dvd player out of their house or had it away with a set of jazzy alloys of some M3, he's been convicted of sexually violating somebody, would you be hapy if he'd done it to a member of your family
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote: Maybe you could find him a job, you seem to be concerned about, whether he is guilty or not is something only him and the victim know, as far as the law is concerned he is guilty therefore in my eyes he is scumbag piece of shite who doesn't deserve any rights, if he wants to work then let him be a bin man, he should be used to being around garbage
....and OJ Simpson was innocent!! :wink:
I don't really care, if he wasn't a footballer and just some gadjee of the street, all and sundry would be calling him a vile sex pest, why should he be any different, it's not like he's knicked somebodys dvd player out of their house or had it away with a set of jazzy alloys of some M3, he's been convicted of sexually violating somebody, would you be hapy if he'd done it to a member of your family
If he was some gadjee of the street hardly anyone would know about it other than the families and close friends involved. the fact he was a professional sportsman means it has been much more in the public eye. IF and it's a BIG IF he had done it to a member of my family then obviously I wouldn't be happy but as you say the courts found him guilty so he has done his time and therefore the victims family have no control over what he does with the rest of his life. If he was a plumber then he would go back to plumbing, the fact he is a footballer should by rights not stop him playing again. The fact he still maintains his innocence and wants a re-trial is very interesting!! All to often jury's get it wrong and victims lie, whether this happened here we will never know. Remember some professionals have killed people and gone back to the sport i.e. Lee Hughes.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: ....and OJ Simpson was innocent!! :wink:
If he was some gadjee of the street hardly anyone would know about it other than the families and close friends involved. the fact he was a professional sportsman means it has been much more in the public eye. IF and it's a BIG IF he had done it to a member of my family then obviously I wouldn't be happy but as you say the courts found him guilty so he has done his time and therefore the victims family have no control over what he does with the rest of his life. If he was a plumber then he would go back to plumbing, the fact he is a footballer should by rights not stop him playing again. The fact he still maintains his innocence and wants a re-trial is very interesting!! All to often jury's get it wrong and victims lie, whether this happened here we will never know. Remember some professionals have killed people and gone back to the sport i.e. Lee Hughes.
He is a convicted rapist, end off, he should be seen within the public eye simple as
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: ....and OJ Simpson was innocent!! :wink:
The difference between a footballer and a plumber is role models......kids worship players they don't worship plumbers.
TrueBlueWarrior

medlocke wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote: I don't really care, if he wasn't a footballer and just some gadjee of the street, all and sundry would be calling him a vile sex pest, why should he be any different, it's not like he's knicked somebodys dvd player out of their house or had it away with a set of jazzy alloys of some M3, he's been convicted of sexually violating somebody, would you be hapy if he'd done it to a member of your family
He is a convicted rapist, end off, he should be seen within the public eye simple as
.....and like I said OJ was innocent!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

cow yeds wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
medlocke wrote: I don't really care, if he wasn't a footballer and just some gadjee of the street, all and sundry would be calling him a vile sex pest, why should he be any different, it's not like he's knicked somebodys dvd player out of their house or had it away with a set of jazzy alloys of some M3, he's been convicted of sexually violating somebody, would you be hapy if he'd done it to a member of your family
The difference between a footballer and a plumber is role models......kids worship players they don't worship plumbers.
Lee Hughes was still seen as a role model after he killed someone!! It's a personal choice and parents should educate kids correctly!! Role models are a part of everyday life from parents, teachers, sportspeople, brothers, sisters etc.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

It's a tough one.
Does he have a right to ply his trade after serving his time? Yes.
Would I want him at my club? No.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:It is a tricky one maybe it's just me but I am always wary of rape claims against pro footballers and sportsmen, not so long back if you remember there was a bunch of Huddersfield players implicated in a rape claim but the charges were quickly dropped and it turned out it was a woman trying to protect herself.

I don't know the ins and outs of the case I believe there was cctv of them both entering a hotel of free will.

That said he has been found guilty so there must of been something to charge him on, I would not want a convicted rapist at Wigan ever, I know he has served his time but I think it's about more than that and I would hope that Wigan would take into account the image of the club.

If he is a rapist in my opinion you can never serve your time for that it's a horrific crime and deserves much harsher sentences sadly you're more likely to get a bigger sentence for calling someone a rude name on Twitter

I would also like to see harsh punishments for proven false claims
Your statement about the case is completely inaccurate.

They did not enter the hotel together. She willingly entered the hotel to have sex with another man.

Evans cane to the room later after tricking his way to get a key. He raped the woman who was incapable of consent. He then left the hotel via the fire escape.

He raped her.

There'd be no apologists or debate if he'd gone into that room and then raped the man in there. For some reason people are arguing that "she wanted it" because she was in a hotel room having sex with another man. If Evans had raped the bloke would anyone be putting that argument forward?

A man cannot assume another person wants him to stick his penis inside them, as though it's his right. Evans did, and he's shown no remorse for it. People are still defending him and talking about his rights.

What about the rights of the victim? What about her rights not to be raped?

Also, if Evans gets a place in the Sheffield United squad, that's one less spot for another player who hasn't raped anyone. I'd rather employ the other bloke instead of the rapist.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
TrueBlueWarrior

yokozuna wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:It is a tricky one maybe it's just me but I am always wary of rape claims against pro footballers and sportsmen, not so long back if you remember there was a bunch of Huddersfield players implicated in a rape claim but the charges were quickly dropped and it turned out it was a woman trying to protect herself.

I don't know the ins and outs of the case I believe there was cctv of them both entering a hotel of free will.

That said he has been found guilty so there must of been something to charge him on, I would not want a convicted rapist at Wigan ever, I know he has served his time but I think it's about more than that and I would hope that Wigan would take into account the image of the club.

If he is a rapist in my opinion you can never serve your time for that it's a horrific crime and deserves much harsher sentences sadly you're more likely to get a bigger sentence for calling someone a rude name on Twitter

They did not enter the hotel together. She willingly entered the hotel to have sex with another man.

Evans cane to the room later after tricking his way to get a key. He raped the woman who was incapable of consent. He then left the hotel via the fire escape.

He raped her.

There'd be no apologists or debate if he'd gone into that room and then raped the man in there. For some reason people are arguing that "she wanted it" because she was in a hotel room having sex with another man. If Evans had raped the bloke would anyone be putting that argument forward?

A man cannot assume another person wants him to stick his penis inside them, as though it's his right. Evans did, and he's shown no remorse for it. People are still defending him and talking about his rights.

Also, if Evans gets a place in the Sheffield United squad, that's one less spot for another player who hasn't raped anyone. I'd rather employ the other bloke instead of the rapist.
Was you in the hotel room?

She was capable of consent to have sex with one man then incapable of consent to another?
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
yokozuna wrote:

He raped her.

Was you in the hotel room?

She was capable of consent to have sex with one man then incapable of consent to another?
I've read the detailed case report.

Add to your question of consent, yes she agreed to go back to his hotel room for sex. That's what the jury agreed, as they found him not guilty.

She didn't consent to Evans having sex with her. That's what the jury decided based on all the evidence.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.