Brough

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan Watcher

Re: DANNY BROUGH TO WIGAN?

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Its no rumour but fact that they are trying to get him

Owd Codger

Re: Brough

Post by Owd Codger »

The previous players over 30 we signed, resulted in immense criticism of the club, so is Brough a exception?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I just don't see it. IL went to great lengths at the end of the season to outline ho the club looks at the bigger long term picture.

Personally, I think the key area is for the club to find a lightning fast running hooker to complement Mick Mac. I believe Wire will be far better in 2015 because of that.
Woody1989

Post by Woody1989 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:The previous players over 30 we signed, resulted in immense criticism of the club, so is Brough a exception?
Despite one or two class showings, Bowen's best days are clearly behind him. On the otherhand, we've seen what Brough can do, in Super League, on a weekly basis for a few years now. He also seems to be peaking later on in his career.

To be honest I'm not too fussed either way on this one. If he signs then fantastic. Awesome kicking game, good goal kicker and he'd bring a lot of experience for the young half-backs at the club. If he doesn't, well I think we have enough cover with Powell, Williams and Hampshire, as well as Doran and Shorrocks in the u19s.
menpond

Post by menpond »

Could not agree more re 2nd hooker. Failure to sort it out cost us the GFINAL. Incomprehensible to me the lack of strategic input from the Gang of Three.Either Bateman,Hughes last year or a signing now using the money saved on MB leaving. ..Have said before ,Wane does not know good player from a bad one, and the importance of coherence and balance in a 17 man squad.
mp
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

menpond wrote:Could not agree more re 2nd hooker. Failure to sort it out cost us the GFINAL. Incomprehensible to me the lack of strategic input from the Gang of Three.Either Bateman,Hughes last year or a signing now using the money saved on MB leaving. ..Have said before ,Wane does not know good player from a bad one, and the importance of coherence and balance in a 17 man squad.
'Wane does not know a good player from a bad one'.

That's a cracker!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
menpond wrote:Could not agree more re 2nd hooker. Failure to sort it out cost us the GFINAL. Incomprehensible to me the lack of strategic input from the Gang of Three.Either Bateman,Hughes last year or a signing now using the money saved on MB leaving. ..Have said before ,Wane does not know good player from a bad one, and the importance of coherence and balance in a 17 man squad.

That's a cracker!
I agree, looks like silly season has fully resumed :lol:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Whelley Warrior wrote:

That's a cracker!
I agree with you on this!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Welcome back mendpond. Glad your trip to the States hasn't affected your positivity.