Bateman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
KOOCH

Re: Bateman

Post by KOOCH »

menpond wrote:KOOCH Does Bateman have a position /?To me he looks a terrfic all round player ,but where?Thats why I was hoping he might be slotted in as our second no 9.Otherwise he is another Wane bibs and bobs player.Not big enough or fast enough for Wigan.. OL is not retiring as well.
I think he will make a cracking loose forward or as you quite rightly point out a good no 9.Lets hope the rumours are just that rumours.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

This is one of his Twitter tweet-posts
9:00 AM - 23 Nov 2014
Well time to head back over to Wigan after 6 weeks of being in Gods land (Bradford) with friends and family . Back to Pre-season tomorrow :o

Bradford, Gods land (sic), really? :lol:
On a more serious note, I'd be absolutely gagging to get back to training, if he turned up with that attitude maybe SW wasn't too impressed.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Talking of his Twitter feed, on a positive he also has himself in the new away kit as his profile pic not that it means much. I like the way he plays, a bit of dog in him ... ... ...
Mick Mac esk.
Hope he sticks around could be a very decent player.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
stegy

Post by stegy »

Could it be that Huddersfield wany Bateman in return for Danny Brough given the Taylor we t to Salford and Larne Patrick came to us leaving the Giants short in the forwards. If so then if it can be done on a loan deal then I would be very happy with it.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

He's just tweeted that he's got his euros for the Florida training camp :lol:
menpond

Post by menpond »

Some mistake surely,Private Eye circa 1985,courtesy the deceased Bill Deedes. and D Thatcher.
mp
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

WTF??? :eh:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:WTF??? :eh:
after a night in the pub it makes perfect sense :lol:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

menpond wrote:Some mistake surely,Private Eye circa 1985,courtesy the deceased Bill Deedes. and D Thatcher.

If this is what you are refering to menpond then what as this got to do with Rugby League and John Bateman?

Deedes was close to Margaret Thatcher and her husband Denis. The spoof letters "from" Mr. Thatcher which appeared in satirical magazine Private Eye throughout the Thatcher years were always addressed to Dear Bill - the "Bill" in question was usually assumed to be Deedes; however some instalments (e.g. 16 May and 28 November 1986) would suggest otherwise.

The two men regularly played golf together, with Deedes claiming it was a public service to take the spouse of the Prime Minister away from the stress of being married to the country's head of government.

The Eye also based its long-running editorial comment, "Shome mishtake shurely?", on Deedes' distinctive slur.

** Fixed your post as best I can - Josie :wink:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

In the above response to menponds cryptic post I did leave full stops etc but for some reason other than my ineptitude with computers it looks rather like the mishmash post of menpond.This post was the only reference I could find on Lord Deedes and Denis Thatcher I could find.It did not make any sense on the first reading nor does it look any better after a night on the old grog. :)