Hampshire

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Hampshire

Post by cpwigan »

If you have it, take a look on Wigan TV (in a non Gay way gents) but Rocky is pure muscle. I have less and less concern about him being too small / frail etc etc.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Hampshire

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Has he consciously put muscle mass on this off season cp?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think Rob Burrow proves that size does not matter on a rugby field in the pertinent positions not only for his success but he is hardly ever injured!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Has he consciously put muscle mass on this off season cp?
It was a clip from last season WCC, there are some sections that SKY did not use and one is on Bondi Beach with Rocky and Sarge.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

cpwigan wrote:If you have it, take a look on Wigan TV, Rocky is pure muscle. I have less and less concern about him being too small / frail etc etc.
Do not forget that muscle can be worked on but the joints need time to mature. The techniques used in the modern game put much more stress on the joints than yesteryear (intentionally and unintentionally) and an injury to prone joints can set a player back for a season, sometimes more.
We are fortunate enough to not have to rush Rocky into playing too much Superleague whilst allowing him the benefit of training/learning with the 1st team. I'm sure Rocky will do some exciting things this year but he'll break through in a big way next year.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I hope he'll be playing lots of matches at full-back.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Southern Softy wrote:I hope he'll be playing lots of matches at full-back.
I think you will find that in any absence of Bowen, he will be, barring injury or suspension.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

You may be surprised to hear that in speed trials Hampshire was first Larne Patrick was second ( Charnley was absent from this ) not hear, I had a meal with Larne and Becky his partner on Monday night
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:I hope he'll be playing lots of matches at full-back.
I think you will find that in any absence of Bowen, he will be, barring injury or suspension.
I'd be happy if he started at full-back when Bowen was fit. I haven't forgotten the Grand Final or Bowen's performances in significant matches as opposed to 'easier' matches when he looks world-class as long as the oppo are third-class.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

ddtftf wrote:You may be surprised to hear that in speed trials Hampshire was first Larne Patrick was second ( Charnley was absent from this ) not hear, I had a meal with Larne and Becky his partner on Monday night
I'm surprised about Patrick being second but not about Hampshire being first. If you recall the Manfredi try v Auckland last in February Manfredi was sprinting for the line whilst Hampshire was just trotting alongside him. Some of the photos from the American training camp showed Hampshire on "The Hill" with Burgess and Manfredi trailing well behind him. The lad is seriously quick.