snow in Cumbria

Got anything else on your mind that isn't about the Warriors? If you do, this is the place to post.
Mrs Lifter

snow in Cumbria

Post by Mrs Lifter »

Trust me to pick the worst snow in two years to move to Cumbria in m6 closed at Shap today hope it doesn't snow again tonight got to drive up tomorrow. With all my worldly goods.I will have to judge my journey times for home games.
josie andrews

Re: snow in Cumbria

Post by josie andrews »

Safe journey. Take care ????

When was returning to Aberdeen after a trip home, there was just one lane open, I just managed to get thru shap before they closed the M6 completely!! ❄️❄️❄️
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Its a scenic welcome to Cumbria then Mrs Lifter.
Hope you have a safe journey and welcome to the Lakeland county.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

It's lovely and sunny here in Millom, snowed ferociously last night then disappeared 2 hours later, though there is snow up on't hills Blackcombe is lovely and white and the Southern Fells look awesome all covered in snow, welcome to God's own country
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

medlocke wrote:It's lovely and sunny here in Millom, snowed ferociously last night then disappeared 2 hours later, though there is snow up on't hills Blackcombe is lovely and white and the Southern Fells look awesome all covered in snow, welcome to God's own country
Naa everyone's on benefits.
BriH

Post by BriH »

platt-warrior wrote:
medlocke wrote:It's lovely and sunny here in Millom, snowed ferociously last night then disappeared 2 hours later, though there is snow up on't hills Blackcombe is lovely and white and the Southern Fells look awesome all covered in snow, welcome to God's own country
No, they all work at Sellafield!!! :D :D :D
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

BriH wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:
Bri,
Its looking like Sellafield could just about be the only place to work in North Cumbria, the way things are heading elsewhere with the rumoured proposed closure of Eastman Chemicals in Workington, that with the selling off of Corus (Tata Steel).
Costain have some work coming off in the Barrow in Furness area, but not sure how many they will be looking to employ.
Aye.
BriH

Post by BriH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
BriH wrote:
platt-warrior wrote: Naa everyone's on benefits.
Bri,
Its looking like Sellafield could just about be the only place to work in North Cumbria, the way things are heading elsewhere with the rumoured proposed closure of Eastman Chemicals in Workington, that with the selling off of Corus (Tata Steel).
Costain have some work coming off in the Barrow in Furness area, but not sure how many they will be looking to employ.
Aye.
Sorry to hear about the lack of job prospects Panchitta Marra. When I left school, many years ago, I went straight to Marchon Products that expanded to 2,500 employees. Gone without trace.
Also, I remember the Mossbay Steel Works. I think they employed about 4,500.
Also, there were still a few pits around. Again, gone without trace.
Sad.