Warriors Name Squad for Workington Test

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Name Squad for Workington Test

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors have named a provisional 22-man squad for their final pre-season game of 2015 against Workington Town.

The Warriors will feature several fringe first team players along with academy prospects at Derwent Park this Sunday (3pm k/o) as the first game of Super League XX draws closer.

Both Shaun Wane and under 19's head coach Matty Peet will have a keen eye on the side which could see the both Sam Powell and Rhodri Lloyd return from injury.

Wigan Warriors Provisional Squad

Lewis Tierney, Dom Manfredi, Oliver Gildart, Jack Higginson, Gabe Fell, Jamie Doran, Sam Powell, James Greenwood, Luke Waterworth, Rob Lever, Rhodri Lloyd, Macauley Davies, Kyle Shelford, Joe Bretherton, Jake Shorrocks, Brad Lawrence, Paddy Jones, Jake Moore, Jack Wells, Liam Paisley, Patrick Casey, Craig Mullen

General ground admission tickets will be available on the day; however Grandstand tickets must be purchased in advance via the Workington Club. [Click Here] for ticket prices and more information.

If you can't make it to the game, you will be still be able to see the full 80 minutes live with commentary from the Wish FM team only on Wigan TV. Sign up now from just £4.99.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 2TCxH0E.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
menpond

Re: Warriors Name Squad for Workington Test

Post by menpond »

Typical mess at Wigan. Whats the point of a pre season match?Give the first team a run out before Widnes ,surely? Having a friendly for the second rank of 20 players is neither here nor there, could be done anytime in the season.So why now?There is an impression of chaos at Wigan . If this turns out to be the norm it will end in another shambles this year.
mp
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think you are right pond! What a shambles it's just like 2 years ago when we lost all of our pre season games, it didn't bode well then for the season and it's not looking good now! Heads should roll!!!! Who should we sack Pond?!?!?
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

i surely think or at least hope you are being sarcy there Wes
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I am with Menpond on this. Players should be given pitch time especially ones that haven't had a run out of late.
Are the injuries to Sarginson, Mossop etc too much that they cant play, will Matty Bowen run out on the artificial Widnes pitch.
Workington Town provided sufficient competition today for Wigan to field a much stronger team, and I guess their supporters will feel short changed on having forked out £14 to watch Wigan field an U19 team.
Not a good performance by Wigan here, on and off the pitch.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Panchitta Marra wrote:I am with Menpond on this. Players should be given pitch time especially ones that haven't had a run out of late.
Are the injuries to Sarginson, Mossop etc too much that they cant play, will Matty Bowen run out on the artificial Widnes pitch.
Workington Town provided sufficient competition today for Wigan to field a much stronger team, and I guess their supporters will feel short changed on having forked out £14 to watch Wigan field an U19 team.
Sarge won't be fit until the Brisbane game. He played with an injury for most of last season he told me on Friday.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

josie andrews wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:I am with Menpond on this. Players should be given pitch time especially ones that haven't had a run out of late.
Sarge won't be fit until the Brisbane game. He played with an injury for most of last season he told me on Friday.
If that was the case why was he allowed to play in the four nations tournament?
Seems a strange decision by our management team :doz:
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

michael inch stoke wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
If that was the case why was he allowed to play in the four nations tournament?
Seems a strange decision by our management team :doz:
spot on, why was he allowed to play ? smells more like a kipper supper to me
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing