Dom Manfredi

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Dom Manfredi

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I think most are aware of what goes on! However the Joe Burgess rumour plus many more rumours that turned out to happen where started on here. It's a rumour mill for God's sake, no likey,no read!!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Have any of you ever considered that the rumours are started by fans of other clubs or idiots who just like winding you up!
Sure and that's why I said some make me chuckle, but I laugh it off and don't get my knickers in a knot. If it is in the "Rumour Mill" it is not factual unless it comes to pass and is moved into one of the other forums, however it shows peoples fears or wishes
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
markill

Post by markill »

southernpie wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:Have any of you ever considered that the rumours are started by fans of other clubs or idiots who just like winding you up!
Sure and that's why I said some make me chuckle, but I laugh it off and don't get my knickers in a knot. If it is in the "Rumour Mill" it is not factual unless it comes to pass and is moved into one of the other forums, however it shows peoples fears or wishes
+1
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

And some rumours are from genuine supporters passing on what they have been told and just asking if anyone else has heard anything to back it up.
We're not all idiots from other clubs just trying to wind people up as you suggest.
NeeNawWarrior22

Post by NeeNawWarrior22 »

^^^ this guy needs to understand that if they don't like rumours, don't looks/comment on the rumour mill section. And, if you get that wound up by other people making up rumours, maybe find a hobby as a distraction!? Just a suggestion..
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
^^^ this guy needs to understand that if they don't like rumours, don't looks/comment on the rumour mill section. And, if you get that wound up by other people making up rumours, maybe find a hobby as a distraction!? Just a suggestion..
Its not me who is getting wound, just those who love rumours!
WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER

Post by WESTCUMBRIARIVERSIDER »

rumours started by supporters of other clubs and idiots who support us and we fall for them, do you not think and this is my honest opinion that some rumours are also started off by the club themselves to see what the reaction will be then bang, it comes true. and before i start getting slated for saying this, i have had 30odd years working life to know these things happen through work management and trade unions, or should that be onions.
Paul
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

WESTCUMBRIARIVE​RSIDER​ wrote:rumours started by supporters of other clubs and idiots who support us and we fall for them, do you not think and this is my honest opinion that some rumours are also started off by the club themselves to see what the reaction will be then bang, it comes true. and before i start getting slated for saying this, i have had 30odd years working life to know these things happen through work management and trade unions, or should that be onions.
Paul
I agree with the above entirely!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

WESTCUMBRIARIVE​RSIDER​ wrote:rumours started by supporters of other clubs and idiots who support us and we fall for them, do you not think and this is my honest opinion that some rumours are also started off by the club themselves to see what the reaction will be then bang, it comes true. and before i start getting slated for saying this, i have had 30odd years working life to know these things happen through work management and trade unions, or should that be onions.
Paul
Rumours can come from anywhere, something could be said tongue in cheek and the listener believes it and spreads it as truth. However I believe you could be correct about the club testing the waters or sowing a seed that is then not so much of a shock when it happens.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Paul
I think the club would be mad to start rumours as they give people ideas and by people I mean players agents, other clubs and the players themselves.

There may be no thought of leaving and may have been no contact by an NRL club but once the rumours start ears prick up and enquiries are made and before you know where you are contracts are signed.

The club playing silly buggers sowing false rumours would be a dangerous game.