Widnes, the pitch?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Widnes, the pitch?

Post by cpwigan »

Is it just me but it never feels like a genuine game of RL on the artificial pitch.

I wonder if Matty Bowen or Lockers will be risked on the pitch?
No straw damn us

Re: Widnes, the pitch?

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:Is it just me but it never feels like a genuine game of RL on the artificial pitch.

I think Bowen will play but not Lockers. The "catchers" need to make sure that the ball is caught on the full. Allowing the ball to bounce on that pitch is a lottery and asking for trouble.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

i train on 3G pitches during the dark nights and i can tell you it absolutely destroys your knees over time, MB would want to swerve that pitch at all costs.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

x Wigan Warrior x wrote:i train on 3G pitches during the dark nights and i can tell you it absolutely destroys your knees over time, MB would want to swerve that pitch at all costs.
Up to this season I would have agreed with you. But now because of money involved in finishing top and the importance of the points. I think SW will play both Lockers and Bowen.Imo Rewards out weigh the risks.
bonnieboy

Post by bonnieboy »

Just had a look at the handicap for the Widnes game and Wigan have got to give them 12 start,i will be having my usual bet £30 win on Wigan.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Rip the bloody thing up.This gives Widnes an advantage before a ball is even kicked.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Is it just me but it never feels like a genuine game of RL on the artificial pitch.

Think I once sent you a pic of Chris Taylor's leg after he played there. It was stomach churning!
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

Definitely not just you.

I wouldn't risk jim's dodgy knees on that pitch