Cheap tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gillysmyhero

Re: Cheap tickets

Post by gillysmyhero »

It might be part of modern day marketing but it doesn't make it right. My mate has just told me that he's got 4 tickets for £35.00 of groupon that's £8.75 a ticket.
gillysmyhero

Post by gillysmyhero »

CPW yes it is better to have a bigger crowd but in the same breath would you be happy if after buying a season ticket they went on sale on groupon for less than half price would you be happy to say that it's better to have a bigger crowd at home games, I know I wouldn't
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Wigan offered most local amateur clubs a similar deal, adults at a tenner and kids 5. But it is a bit unfair that an internet site can offer them below the club price. At least the north will have a few in.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

First Try Tickle wrote:Wigan offered most local amateur clubs a similar deal, adults at a tenner and kids 5. But it is a bit unfair that an internet site can offer them below the club price. At least the north will have a few in.
Maybe the club off loaded them to the site for a fixed price for a set amount. I don't know but they musn't be selling well if that's the case
jobo

Post by jobo »

If it gets waverers in, I'm all for it. The DW can be a soulless place even with 15,000 on. If we get 20k+, even if we are getting our backsides smacked, the atmosphere with a good crowd will lift.
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Isn't the Groupon offer just for the North Stand ?

As I see it, this is the Away Stand so with it being Brisbane Broncos would hardly be full anyway (more like just a couple of hundred in).

It looked awful on Friday night with the Giants only having a hundred or so fans, they may as well have closed it down completely, and with it being on TV and a high profile match you can see why the club have put this deal together, for what is a one-off game, anyway.

If there's around 20,000 on it will be worth it for the event and atmosphere.