Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
markill

Re: Disciplinary

Post by markill »

Mike wrote:Great facts from Bilko

Since 2008 Hock has played 110 matches and been suspended for 106, paying £3100 in fines. 69 were for the drugs suspension.

Maybe being banned isn't enough of a deterent these days - perhaps upping the fines would have a bigger impact on foul play. RL players aren't super rich.
Hock is a special case though. What deterrent is there for him? Unfortunate. Plenty of people say how nice he is in real life. But when will he ever learn. Massive shame, I was one of his biggest fans, always willing to give him a chance to redeem himself, but his record in the game just makes you think he's running out of second chances.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

I make no excuse for Hock, but can someone explain how he has got 6 matches when the maximum number for a Grade B charge is two and for a Grade C charge, it is 3.

Is one for being on two charges of the same kind. A kind of early guilty plea in reverse?
markill

Post by markill »

Whelley Warrior wrote:I make no excuse for Hock, but can someone explain how he has got 6 matches when the maximum number for a Grade B charge is two and for a Grade C charge, it is 3.

Is one for being on two charges of the same kind. A kind of early guilty plea in reverse?
The disciplinary panel have the option to go outside the recommended range of suspension or regrade the offence from what the MRP charged it with. I would imagine it will be explained in the meeting minutes once they are published.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Whelley Warrior wrote:I make no excuse for Hock, but can someone explain how he has got 6 matches when the maximum number for a Grade B charge is two and for a Grade C charge, it is 3.

He got 3 games for each offence.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:

He got 3 games for each offence.
Case Number ON/066/15
Name Gareth Hock
Club Salford
Shirt Number 13
Match Salford v St Helens
Competition Super League
Date 12/02/15
Incident considered Use of knees in the 61st minute (Masoe)
Decision Charge
Details of Charge / Reason for NF Rule –15.1(a) Detail – Strikes with knee - reckless Grade – B
Range of Recommended Sanctions in relation to Charged Grade* 1-2
Date of Disciplinary Committee 17/02/15
Evidence provided DVD Temporary Dismissal Report

Decision On Charge
Player plea Guilty plea by letter
Summary of CM's submissions on the Charge / evidence The Panel reviewed an incident which occurred in approximately the 61st minute of the above Match. You were temporarily dismissed by the match referee following the incident. In the Panel’s opinion you used your knee to strike your opponent (Masoe) who was in a vulnerable position after a tackle. The Panel believe that your actions were unnecessary, had the potential to cause injury and were against the spirit of the game. In accordance with the RFL’s On Field Sentencing Guidelines, the Panel consider that such offence is a Grade B offence (Strikes with Knee - Reckless). If found to have committed the offence, again in accordance with the On Field Sentencing Guidelines, the normal suspension range for such offence is from a 1 to a 2 match suspension. In addition the Tribunal has the power to impose such fine as it considers reasonable.
Summary of Player's submissions on the Charge / evidence Player pleads guilty to the offence. The player says these were a matter of poor timing and needless aggression. Player is remorseful for his actions.
Decision Guilty plea
Reasons for Decision

Decision On Sanction (where found to have committed Misconduct)
Summary of CM's submissions on the appropriate sanction No further submissions
Summary of Player's submissions on the appropriate sanction The club note the player is remorseful for his actions. Player has shown strong commitment since his return in pre-season. Player is looking to improve his reputation both on the field and off the field.
Aggravating Factors Potential for serious injury
Mitigating Factors
Reasons for Decision The Tribunal have viewed the second incident in respect of the player using a knee in the tackle. The player again pleaded guilty to this offence and the Tribunal again are in no doubt that this was a malicious use of the knee towards an opponent’s head which caused the opponent to stay down hurt. The act the Tribunal note showed the player using his knee on 2 occasions towards the opponent’s head. The Tribunal take into account all factors, including the player’s disciplinary record and the submissions provided by the Salford club. The aggravating features mentioned coupled with the fact that this offence took place only 8 minutes after the first incident for which the player was placed on report, the Tribunal feel that the offence should be graded at a Grade C. The Tribunal feel that a 3 match suspension and a £300 fine is appropriate in this incident.
Suspension 3 matches
Fine £300
http://www.therfl.co.uk/the-rfl/disciplinary/item?5923
So the panel decided to upgrade the offence from B to C therefore enabling them to give a 3 match ban
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Hock is a moron a waste of talent idiot
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

They are judging him on his past disciplinary which should not be took into account IMO :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
AndyNick

Post by AndyNick »

How many chances does this guy need. I know there are people who know him personally on here, I don't so I can only judge what I see on the pitch. I for one was gutted when he left Wigan, the season before he left he was one of the best players in the league and I thought that he would be a very difficult player to replace. One of my favourite moments that season was the flick offload to Sam Tomkins at Langtree Park and there were numerous others throughout that season to prove what a class talent he is. Since then my opinion has changed and I for one think that the decision to get rid has been proven to be 100% correct. I saw the played/banned ratio since 2008 but I'd love to see it since he left Wigan because I suspect its around 50/50 which is nothing short of disgraceful, made even more disgraceful when you factor in that he has served not one but TWO bans for making unnecessary rough contact with the referee......

I notice in the mitigating factors they mention that the player has "Shown remorse" I really don't see how they can accept that as a mitigating factor, He kneed a player in the head, then 8 minutes later, kneed another player in the head. How can they say he's shown remorse when he committed the same offence twice in 8 minutes.

I understand what you are saying Josie in that each offence should be judged on its own merit, however there is only 1 person to blame for his reputation, and he has to accept that, and take responsibility for it.

Like I say, I unlike some on here do not know the guy, but I do know that he has the potential to be one of the best rugby players this country has ever produced but that will not happen regardless of how nice a lad he is off the pitch, until he stops doing stupid things on it.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:They are judging him on his past disciplinary which should not be took into account IMO :(
Nail. Head. Josie. He's a marked man now whichever club he plays for!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

AndyNick wrote:How many chances does this guy need. I know there are people who know him personally on here, I don't so I can only judge what I see on the pitch. I for one was gutted when he left Wigan, the season before he left he was one of the best players in the league and I thought that he would be a very difficult player to replace. One of my favourite moments that season was the flick offload to Sam Tomkins at Langtree Park and there were numerous others throughout that season to prove what a class talent he is. Since then my opinion has changed and I for one think that the decision to get rid has been proven to be 100% correct. I saw the played/banned ratio since 2008 but I'd love to see it since he left Wigan because I suspect its around 50/50 which is nothing short of disgraceful, made even more disgraceful when you factor in that he has served not one but TWO bans for making unnecessary rough contact with the referee......

I notice in the mitigating factors they mention that the player has "Shown remorse" I really don't see how they can accept that as a mitigating factor, He kneed a player in the head, then 8 minutes later, kneed another player in the head. How can they say he's shown remorse when he committed the same offence twice in 8 minutes.

I understand what you are saying Josie in that each offence should be judged on its own merit, however there is only 1 person to blame for his reputation, and he has to accept that, and take responsibility for it.

Like I say, I unlike some on here do not know the guy, but I do know that he has the potential to be one of the best rugby players this country has ever produced but that will not happen regardless of how nice a lad he is off the pitch, until he stops doing stupid things on it.
Andy, you highlight the 'referee contact'. I recall he got five games for grabbing the ref's shoulder to attract his attention and ask about a decision. Many players 'contact' with the ref these days without penalty. Last week, Silverspoon took no end of effing and blinding without reaction.
Standards are being allowed to deteriorate and the double standards are now becoming an embarrassment!